Computer Sciences Corp

www.csc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Computer Sciences Corp

I enjoy working for a recognizable and diverse company; Salary competitiveness is a weakness.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

There are multiple divisions which provide various opportunities for growth.

Cons

Merit increases, which should be in conjunction with annual reviews, are not reflective of ratings.

3076 Other Employee Reviews for Computer Sciences Corp (View Most Recent)

A typical large technology company

Former Employee - Senior Software Developer/Principal Leader in Cambridge, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Developer/Principal Leader in Cambridge, MA

I worked at Computer Sciences Corp full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

CSC is a generally stable company with reasonable benefits. It is involved with work all over the planet in seemingly every industry invented. There is a lot of potential to move around in CSC to obtain a position you enjoy.

Cons

Being a typical large company CSC suffers from institutional inattention and callousness towards employees, particularly in the North American Public Sector. This sector is basically contract work for hire and CSC tries to make it look like employees matter but when the contract budget is cut, so are you; there's no bench and reassignment is unlikely.

Be honest with NPS employees - we're contractors; just bodies. Follow through on commitments to employees. Be more generous with compensation and perks for NPS.

Service Delivery Coordinator, AP

Former Employee - Service Delivery Manager in Falls Church, VA
    Former Employee - Service Delivery Manager in Falls Church, VA

I worked at Computer Sciences Corp full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent corporation to work for. I can't thank them enough for the challenge and opportunities to grow my talent and skills.

Cons

High turnover - budget cuts -- layoffs

The entire operation needs a complete clean-up and overhaul. The new CEO needs to go undercover and look at all aspects of job function. The CSC career central is a joke -- there is no one on one interaction -- you call a help desk -- you are assigned a ticket # -- five days later a customer representative from Human Resources calls you and tells you basically there is nothing else they can do for you and they close the ticket you opened.

You re-apply for a position, and you are to keep track of what you applied for on an excel spreadsheet. Then its up to you to inquire as to the status of the vacancy which means you have to call the help desk get a ticket # wait five days until someone calls you typically at 4 PM and tells you the vacancy has been filled and to try again.

CSC motto is "we value your talent" -- we don't value re-hiring the hundreds that have been laid off that have over six years of value and experience. But we do value hiring from the outside, as we can get help from the outside at a much lesser rate.

TALEO Net -- Get rid of this system. You are paying premium for a subcontractor that delivers ZERO results.

There are newer employer reviews for Computer Sciences Corp