There are newer employer reviews for Computer Sciences Corp

I enjoy working for a recognizable and diverse company; Salary competitiveness is a weakness.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There are multiple divisions which provide various opportunities for growth.

Cons

Merit increases, which should be in conjunction with annual reviews, are not reflective of ratings.

Other Employee Reviews for Computer Sciences Corp

Service Delivery Coordinator, AP

Former Employee - Service Delivery Manager in Falls Church, VA
    Former Employee - Service Delivery Manager in Falls Church, VA

I worked at Computer Sciences Corp full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent corporation to work for. I can't thank them enough for the challenge and opportunities to grow my talent and skills.

Cons

High turnover - budget cuts -- layoffs

Advice to Management

The entire operation needs a complete clean-up and overhaul. The new CEO needs to go undercover and look at all aspects of job function. The CSC career central is a joke -- there is no one on one interaction -- you call a help desk -- you are assigned a ticket # -- five days later a customer representative from Human Resources calls you and tells you basically there is nothing else they can do for you and they close the ticket you opened. You re-apply for a position, and you are to keep track of what you applied for on an excel spreadsheet. Then its up to you to inquire as to the status of the vacancy which means you have to call the help desk get a ticket # wait five days until someone calls you typically at 4 PM and tells you the vacancy has been filled and to try again. CSC motto is "we value your talent" -- we don't value re-hiring the hundreds that have been laid off that have over six years of value and experience. But we do value hiring from the outside, as we can get help from the outside at a much lesser rate. TALEO Net -- Get rid of this system. You are paying premium for a subcontractor that delivers ZERO results.

Not for the growth oriented..

Current Employee - Senior Applications Designer in Basking Ridge, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Applications Designer in Basking Ridge, NJ

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Laid back can be a pro or a con Not a lot of pressure to perform Pro women policies with a lots of benefits

Cons

No growth and stagnant revenues mean very few chances to grow Bulky middle and top management structure. Silo culture, with every vertical acts like an independent organisation.

Advice to Management

The organisation structure is not aligned to achieve double or high single digit growth. A lot of redundancy is built in the structure that makes it very inefficient. A lack of clarity of roles and responsibilities on the middle management level due to hap hazard org. structure.