Computer Sciences Corp
2.9 of 5 2,438 reviews
www.csc.com Falls Church, VA 5000+ Employees

Brand New Logo--Same Old Problems

Principal Software Engineer (Former Employee)
Egg Harbor Township, NJ

ProsAt least at Egg Harbor Township (near FAA Tech Center), every day dress code is "beach casual".
Some good people and some good projects.

ConsParochial environment. Most employees attended the same local schools and graduated from Richard Stockton. You may find it hard to fit in if you didn't.

Company hires too many people with unrelated backgrounds (e.g. marine biology) as long as they put in the hours. They treat software development as a lightweight skill (like welding) that almost anybody could just "pick up" with a few weeks of training.

Advice to Senior ManagementBack off on the daily barrage of generic corporate email blabber that has nothing
to do with our location, our jobs or our lives. Seriously, nobody cares.

Things really started to fall apart about five years ago ($60 to $20/share)
when "The New CSC" tried to be everything to everybody. At that point,
no amount of daily "sunshine from the CEO" made things any better.

overall a good experience but company still changing

Account Executive (Former Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Computer Sciences Corp full-time for more than a year

Pros: good hr, ok salary, good manager Cons: management in constant change, very little investments, many people need… Advice to Senior Management: lock down the management structure and grow No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Decent company compared to peers. Salary not commensurate with top employers but work is nice

Program Manager (Current Employee)
    Concord, CA

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Good projects, flexibility to grow. Very good client reputation and… Cons: Salary not up-to industry grade. Advice to Senior Management: Evaluate employees based on their work not how long they… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Computer Sciences Corp.

Worked for Computer Sciences Corp? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Computer Sciences Corp reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Computer Sciences Corp CEO Mike Lawrie. All reviews posted anonymously by Computer Sciences Corp employees.