Computer Sciences Corp

www.csc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Computer Sciences Corp

Overall solid company, flexible, and a technology heavy-weight.

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp

Pros

Lots of good reasons. Work life balance is really big at this company, and they are extremely flexible in terms of work hours, working from home, etc. In fact, it would probably not be a problem at all to work exclusivley from home, though I don't personally like doing that since I'm close to work anyways. The company seems to provide a lot of opportunities for advancement if you work hard, and make sure you get noticied. They seem to have a lot of respect for their high-performing individuals, and they do provide the opportunity to grow if you look for it.

Cons

There is virtualy no company pride or moral. The firm seems to have almost no identify at all, and it shows in the employees. We sell the quality of ourselves and our work, and not the identity of CSC, which I think is a real problem for the company. Additionally, the opportunities to define your own career path seem pretty contingent on what sort of projects you are on. Great for technical people, but not great for those interested in management consulting (unless you have prior experience). Essentially, associates get stuck doing testing and other menial tasks for about a year. Additionally, this is not a young company by any means.

The firm needs to do a better job defining who they are and what they provide.

3098 Other Employee Reviews for Computer Sciences Corp (View Most Recent)

Decent company to work for

Former Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Computer Sciences Corp

Pros

Good potential for lateral moves and growth.
    Very good pension plan and matching 401K (fifty percent match).
    Many opportunities to move - it's a large consulting company.
    Immediate management was very responsive to my needs.
    Computer Sciences Corporation has a very large presence in the IT industry, which increased my visibility as an employee in the IT consulting sector.

Cons

Benefits were not what I would expect from such a large (100k) company.
    Upwards mobility not clear

None at this time. They did an adequate job during my short time at CSC.

disapprove

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp

Pros

Job with health benefits, vacation and sick leave.

Cons

no room for career growth, recognition or promotions. It's a fine place to start but there's no need to linger for years. They under pay incoming graduates and new employees. There are many employees with depth and experience who could be making $20-30k more at another company.

A full performance review should include everything achieved and accomplished through the year, not just the past few months. After working very hard with the organization for many years management doesn't feel promotions are necessary.

There are newer employer reviews for Computer Sciences Corp