Computer Sciences Corp

www.csc.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Computer Sciences Corp

Overall solid company, flexible, and a technology heavy-weight.

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp

Pros

Lots of good reasons. Work life balance is really big at this company, and they are extremely flexible in terms of work hours, working from home, etc. In fact, it would probably not be a problem at all to work exclusivley from home, though I don't personally like doing that since I'm close to work anyways. The company seems to provide a lot of opportunities for advancement if you work hard, and make sure you get noticied. They seem to have a lot of respect for their high-performing individuals, and they do provide the opportunity to grow if you look for it.

Cons

There is virtualy no company pride or moral. The firm seems to have almost no identify at all, and it shows in the employees. We sell the quality of ourselves and our work, and not the identity of CSC, which I think is a real problem for the company. Additionally, the opportunities to define your own career path seem pretty contingent on what sort of projects you are on. Great for technical people, but not great for those interested in management consulting (unless you have prior experience). Essentially, associates get stuck doing testing and other menial tasks for about a year. Additionally, this is not a young company by any means.

The firm needs to do a better job defining who they are and what they provide.

3179 Other Employee Reviews for Computer Sciences Corp (View Most Recent)

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in DFW, TX
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator in DFW, TX

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp

Pros

The people that I work with are awsome, If you need help they are more than happy to help you out.
    Very Good Insurance Plan, 401K Plan & Retirement Plan.

Cons

Uper Management will not let SDM's & Project Mangers spend the money that it will take to do a Great Job.
    In ecense the people find a way to get the job done By hook or Crook. And the upper Mangement gets a Bonus for the Fine Job that the worker Bees Completed.

Reinvest our Profits back into Our Employees and there needs to perform there job. Give them the tools to do thier Jobs so that everything does not have to be so hard to get done. Someone working here once said. I have done so much for so long with so little that I can do virtually anything with nothing.

CSC is an umbrella organization for independent business units.

Current Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in Falls Church, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in Falls Church, VA

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp

Pros

Coillection of Smaller Comanies is truly a good abbreviation. Your job satisfaction will totally depend on your current project and manager. It could truly be a good place to work if you are lucky to get on a good project. The company is also big enough that it is possible to attach yourself to the coattails of a good manager and follow his or her career. The corporate culture also emphasizes a good word/life balance. Since most of the business is geared towards the government where extra hours mean extra pay, there is seldem pressure to work beyond a 40 hour workweek. The benefits package is still above industry average, with two weeks of sick leave granted beyond paid vacation. Most other companies in the industry have eliminated sick leave.

Cons

The internal employee "portal" is horrible. This is supposed to be a technology company, and we have this for a collaboration site? Anything you need to find is buried 5 layers deep and only accessable through counter-intuitive links. The search function is worthless. Now that that's out of the way, the downsides of the company are related to the upsides - you could be on a project with a horrible manager. As long as the contract is in progress, management doesn't seem to care about the quality of the local management either. There doesn't seem to be much central leadership in the company - just bid on a project and appoint whoever is available to lead it.

Develop a company identity. Answer the question, What sets the company apart from others? Don't coddle incompetent managers. Outsource the company portal.

There are newer employer reviews for Computer Sciences Corp