There are newer employer reviews for Computer Sciences Corp

Overall solid company, flexible, and a technology heavy-weight.

Current Employee - Associate Consultant  in  Washington, DC
Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp

Pros

Lots of good reasons. Work life balance is really big at this company, and they are extremely flexible in terms of work hours, working from home, etc. In fact, it would probably not be a problem at all to work exclusivley from home, though I don't personally like doing that since I'm close to work anyways. The company seems to provide a lot of opportunities for advancement if you work hard, and make sure you get noticied. They seem to have a lot of respect for their high-performing individuals, and they do provide the opportunity to grow if you look for it.

Cons

There is virtualy no company pride or moral. The firm seems to have almost no identify at all, and it shows in the employees. We sell the quality of ourselves and our work, and not the identity of CSC, which I think is a real problem for the company. Additionally, the opportunities to define your own career path seem pretty contingent on what sort of projects you are on. Great for technical people, but not great for those interested in management consulting (unless you have prior experience). Essentially, associates get stuck doing testing and other menial tasks for about a year. Additionally, this is not a young company by any means.

The firm needs to do a better job defining who they are and what they provide.

2698 Other Employee Reviews for Computer Sciences Corp (View Most Recent)

Decent company to work for

Former Employee - Senior Systems Analyst  in  Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Computer Sciences Corp

Pros

Good potential for lateral moves and growth.
    Very good pension plan and matching 401K (fifty percent match).
    Many opportunities to move - it's a large consulting company.
    Immediate management was very responsive to my needs.
    Computer Sciences Corporation has a very large presence in the IT industry, which increased my visibility as an employee in the IT consulting sector.

Cons

Benefits were not what I would expect from such a large (100k) company.
    Upwards mobility not clear

None at this time. They did an adequate job during my short time at CSC.

Current Employee - Systems Administrator  in  DFW, TX
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator in DFW, TX

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp

Pros

The people that I work with are awsome, If you need help they are more than happy to help you out.
    Very Good Insurance Plan, 401K Plan & Retirement Plan.

Cons

Uper Management will not let SDM's & Project Mangers spend the money that it will take to do a Great Job.
    In ecense the people find a way to get the job done By hook or Crook. And the upper Mangement gets a Bonus for the Fine Job that the worker Bees Completed.

Reinvest our Profits back into Our Employees and there needs to perform there job. Give them the tools to do thier Jobs so that everything does not have to be so hard to get done. Someone working here once said. I have done so much for so long with so little that I can do virtually anything with nothing.

There are newer employer reviews for Computer Sciences Corp

Worked for Computer Sciences Corp? Contribute to the Community!