There are newer employer reviews for Computer Sciences Corp

Fun place to work

Current Employee - Helpdesk Analyst in Coppell, TX
Current Employee - Helpdesk Analyst in Coppell, TX

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp

Pros

Good compensation for the work you do.

Cons

The drive to and form work.

None right now

reviews filtered by

The place to be a comfortable consultant

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp

Pros

The work life balance that the company provides has been the best that I’ve seen. They are very accommodating in managing the expectations of traveling consultant, with a typical schedule of Monday-Thursdays at the client site. I’ve seen people take extended stays away from projects due to health and family reasons without any hint of objection from project managers. This is a good place for family oriented consultants who are content with the work that they do and are looking for a means to earn income.

Cons

The company is incredibly bureaucratic and does not celebrate any form of meritocracy. If you are looking for competent career coaches or an environment that will challenge you beyond your potential in hopes of celebrating your achievements, then look somewhere else. Over the past 2 years, I’ve been bounced around between different career coaches because or corporate reorganization and neither have been able to give useful advice. Neither had an idea of where the industry was going or how they were going to position themselves as their skill sets were becoming dated with technology.
    Another downside is lies in the lack of knowledge transfer and consistency from one project to another, even with the same team members. I was amazed when I first saw the templates my group had used and quality of material they put in front of the client. Pathetic. One would have figured that after doing the same thing over and over, the methodology would be scientifically patented. Emails would be sent back and forth asking for information since there was no central repository of past experiences.
    The last thing I would harp on is moral is pretty low and bonuses area joke (none existent). No one truly wears the CSC badge with honor other than the partners… and sometimes the partners even joke about jumping ships.

Spend more money on brand promotion, recruit people who can sell projects, build moral and changing to the new logo isn’t enough. As one client it said it best… “It seems like the only difference is they cut corners”

2. Boooorrrrrinnnnnng

Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp

Pros

Gain experience and learn a lot in a short time

Cons

Boring stodgy old company with very little knowledge of financial services

TRansformation