Computer Sciences Corp

www.csc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Computer Sciences Corp

A good services company in India. But much better to be achieved.

Current Employee - Principal in Bangalore (India)
Current Employee - Principal in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

A $16 billion company having presence in all kinds of Industries and locations
Some segments are very strong. E.g. BizCloud is consistently rated the leader by analysts on par with Amazon, way ahead of Microsoft Azure, Google's app engine, Rackspace and Oracle.
Research wing particularly the Leading Edge Forum of Office of Innovation (of which I am a part) is one of the pioneers in most contemporary technologies.

Cons

Though consultancy presence in 800+ locations in every conceivable country in the world, delivery centers are predominantly in low cost geographies (India).
The biggest delivery centers are in India with a combined head count of 23000 employees. The second biggest is in Vietnam which has a head count of 800. You can see how skewed is the delivery distribution.
It takes pride in comparing with other services companies like Infosys and wipro. Where as considering it's size and historical background it should be compared with product companies like Microsoft and Oracle.
It tries to do a catch up game on most technologies and more over there is a big gap in marketing.
LEF and Delivery gaps are very wide.
There is a step motherly treatment for Delivery centers. E.g. there is no reason social networking sites should be blocked in India and open in other locations.
Many often I have seen it competing with other companies on price margin to win projects.
Avoids going to top technology and management schools for recruitment. There are many factors though.

Address some of the concerns mentioned in the Cons and we can be proud to work here.

3084 Other Employee Reviews for Computer Sciences Corp (View Most Recent)

My best start-up company in terms of experience I gained on Infrastructure and Services

Current Employee - ESM Global Capacity Lead in Hyderābād (India)
    Current Employee - ESM Global Capacity Lead in Hyderābād (India)

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Company pays you good. There are many internal training programs. It will grow big in near future. Your views are heard.

Cons

Some of the management principle need changes and is happening. High performers are effected sometimes.

At moment nothing, as re-org can make things better in terms of reporting. Appraisal technique might change in positive direction and performance can be well accredited.

Smooth but less growth opportunities

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp

Pros

Good client exposure
    Good learning
    Less work pressure

Cons

Poor Management
    More people at higher levels

Identify the talent