Computer Sciences Corp

www.csc.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Computer Sciences Corp

In Flux due to the restructuring

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great people and in the past they took care of their people perhaps to a fault.

Cons

With the restructuring everyone is going through trama. While the business need is understood the communications at least in my group could be improved.

3179 Other Employee Reviews for Computer Sciences Corp (View Most Recent)

Few good people; many bad or no processes

I worked at Computer Sciences Corp full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

A few good, honest people, desiring to do well, even with the deck stacked against them.

Cons

Sparse documentation, planning, facilities, tools. Plenty of red tape and politics. Too many technical people in client facing roles who possess zero people/business skills. Pay rates far below industry averages, for entry level through heavily experienced / high profile/risk roles. Worst HR/on-boarding experience in my career.

Step back, invest in introspective/resolution/process fixes and then move forward. Avoid forcing your staff to work 80-100 hour, 7-day weeks, months at a time, with no breaks & then wonder why their productivity and/or work quality drops, and they get then irritable/ill/the desire to leave.

Going to take a long time to turn this ship around

Former Employee - Director in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Director in Boston, MA

I worked at Computer Sciences Corp full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The (non-management) people. Some of the hardest working, smartest, most dedicated people I've ever worked for. Despite the challenging work environment, my immediate co-workers were absolutely fantastic and remained ever-optimistic (or at least in good humor) through continual restructurings, layoffs, and cost-cutting measures.

Cons

Although I hope these will be rectified once Laurie's massive restructuring is completed, I've yet to hear evidence of any real changes. Until then, CSC is challenged with lack of communication, layoffs and more layoffs, severe cost cutting measures, and culture that places employees in a distant third of importance behind shareholders and clients.

Finish the restructuring *quickly* - you are behind schedule and the long, drawn out process is further withering employee moral and confidence (what little there was left). As soon as you meet your cost take-out objectives, start rebuilding as fast as you can, and invest in employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Computer Sciences Corp