There are newer employer reviews for Computer Sciences Corp

CSC Service Desk in Prague

Former Employee - Help Desk Representative  in  Prague (Czech Republic)
Former Employee - Help Desk Representative in Prague (Czech Republic)

I worked at Computer Sciences Corp as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Young and friendly Team and Team Leaders
Corporate Environment and professionalism

Cons

Work itself - providing end-user customer support is not for me
Many people can't stand this longer than 1 year, very demanding and stressful

2720 Other Employee Reviews for Computer Sciences Corp (View Most Recent)

After ten years in CSC I've found the best place to work

Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good salary, good benefits, great people, great internal social networking site. I work about forty-five hours a week and in my position I'm never on call. The work is interesting, I'm learning every week, my manager buys me the tools I need to do my job, my team leader is free with his praise of my work. We work hard and succeed, and we spend the time to joke and laugh. Immediate management listens to our ideas and runs interference for us when other people get on our case. Company pays for education and access to computer based training and a library of online books (books24x7). Again, there are many great, helpful, knowledgeable people working for CSC.

Cons

As a large company made up of many outsourcing accounts, experiences vary widely across the company. There are many groups of people whose loyalty lie more with their former employer, whom they still support, than for the wider CSC. This patchwork can make it hard to interact across account lines. Also, many people are still upset and concerned by the ongoing effort to get as many jobs offshore as possible as a way to save costs, and there is a push in some groups to have employees work from home as a cost cutting measure. It seems strange that some people have never physically met their direct manager. The company is currently reorganizing, and this means cost cutting and some downsizing.

Keep working on your reorg. From what I've heard management knows what the problems are and employees are encouraged by the changes they have seen. We want the company to be great!

Good Work Experience

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp full-time

Pros

Better opportunity to work in different technology

Cons

Need to become dependent for getting better opportunity

There are newer employer reviews for Computer Sciences Corp

Worked for Computer Sciences Corp? Contribute to the Community!