Computer Sciences Corp

www.csc.com

Racing to the bottom

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Marlton, NJ

ProsExposure to DOD work. Interaction with many levels of management. Ability to assume visible positions in a project. Work load typically not bad. Little travel (for me). Good salary.

ConsCSC is now trying to emulate HP as a low cost provider. There is NO training available EVER, but you are expected to increase your skills for free on your own time. Poor vacation policy and consideration for employees. Poor hiring practices- becoming a body shop. Dilbert-like corporate culture.

Advice to Senior ManagementCSC needs to decide whether it wants to compete on quality or price. Being a consultant means the employer should provide real training to keep skills updated.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Fair and Rewarding - Occasionally too busy at the top to focus time on the foundation

Consultant (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Strong work / life balance as a consultant - very fair ability to be… Cons: Undergoing internal transformation - some uncertainty regarding general future of… Advice to Senior Management: Company is top heavy - invest (time, money, training, etc) in the youth of the company… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Anonymity, Good Benefits, and Lateral Mobility

Major Incident Manager (Current Employee) Austin, TX

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: CSC is very large. No one takes it personally if you want to move to a different job within the company. Most… Cons: CSC's size can also be a con -- if you want to feel… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Computer Sciences Corp.

Worked for Computer Sciences Corp? Contribute to the Community!