Strict Work environment.

Former Employee - Customer Care in Fort Worth, TX
Former Employee - Customer Care in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Computer Sciences Corp full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Customer Service is a top priority.

Cons

Work schedule is not consistent.

Advice to Management

Take care of the employees so they will take care of the customer.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Good, bad, and ugly at times (really ugly lately)

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The good: I've been working at CSC in Overland Park, KS, for well over 10 years, so I've seen the good, the bad, and the ugly. There are some really talented people that work at CSC, and some of the managers are excellent.

Cons

The bad: There are some really horrible managers at CSC. Some of these managers should never have been promoted but are in place because of the "good old boy" network. This network includes women. Most of the really great managers have left CSC Overland Park by now. Regardless of whether you've been unofficially managing a group for some time, senior management will arbitrarily put another "manager" in charge of your team and expect you to be happy about it.

The Ugly: Some are managers are managing projects into the ground and other managers are managing people and teams they know absolutely nothing about. Some employees and managers are allowed to coast for years and years doing sub-par work and putting in only the minimum amount of hours and effort. This means the really talented and dedicated people must pick up the slack by working insane amounts of overtime and unofficially performing management responsibilities. For the dedicated employees, there is no work/life balance. Most managers allow it to happen because the work must get done and the deadlines must be met, or they simply care only about themselves and how good their employees make them look to senior management. The employees' cost of benefits is a joke now.

Advice to Management

It wasn't always like this at CSC. Stop with all the "change". The recent "management delayering" initiative is a complete failure in Overland Park, KS. office. Deserving people were demoted while undeserving people were giving more management responsibilities. The benefits are utterly horrible now. I've known several employees who have quit just because the employee cost of the 2013 health benefits is absurd. Stop padding the pockets of management and stockholders and giving the actual employees doing the work crap annual increases. This has been happening for years. A 1% annual increase for an employee who "exceeds expectations" wouldn't be sufficient at the CEO's level, so what makes you think it is acceptable 8 layers down? Preposterous.

Do not give you resources needed to be successful

Former Employee - Senior Manager
    Former Employee - Senior Manager

I worked at Computer Sciences Corp full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of resources, source materials, process documentation.

Cons

I worked in the outsourcing group. I was manager of a team for a client. Client was unhappy due to several years of dropped balls. My senior management was unreliable. I was hired to turn around the situation, and promised backup on what i needed to do this. When I got in, I was never given anything I asked for. I could not negotiate with the client in good faith because most of the time whatever I promised was not provided.

My own staff was constantly stressed cause this place was a sweat shop.

Advice to Management

People are your most valuable resource (actually, in your case, your ONLY resource). Treat them with respect and empower them and they will do the job for you.