Computer Sciences Corp

There are newer employer reviews for Computer Sciences Corp

CSC is just OK

Current Employee - Database Administrator in Falls Church, VA
Current Employee - Database Administrator in Falls Church, VA

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits and compensation are ok.

Cons

No recognition program and very small merit pool year after year.

CSC is top management heavy. Streamline management instead of continually reassigning them.

2975 Other Employee Reviews for Computer Sciences Corp (View Most Recent)

Literally the worst place I ever worked

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Computer Sciences Corp full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Holiday schedule, able to work from home, though management discouraged it.

Cons

The PTO iniative where we were required to use up our PTO so that the company would look better to investors, old, outdated equipment, company does not seem to place a priority on innovating and updating software, benefits are terrible. They chose to cap STD benefits for pregnancy at 6 weeks, I had an emergency c-section and was required to stay home for 8 weeks, and the company wouldn't pay because to have offered the longer STD for c-sections cost more and they didn't want to pay for the richer benefit. Mandatory OT is a given. Was also "punished" by being given the most undesirable tasks and never placed on special projects because, I was told I didn't have to do them while I was home on maternity leave. This is a violation of my Civil Rights.

Rein in your management, loosen up your pocketbooks. You can not attract and keep top talent with things the way they are.

do the work and don't complain

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Columbia, SC

I worked at Computer Sciences Corp full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

- exposure to large systems
    - most of the employees under management are competent and care
    - lots of long term customers who potentially supply job security
    - you get to see first hand results of your work with clients
    - very senior company so growth potential is there as many retire

Cons

- Health plans quadrupled in price
    - No bonuses, no employee engagements or events, and no/minimal raises. NO work/ife balance
    - Everyone was furloughed and took paycuts and vacation cuts but management continues to receive bonuses while sending out weekly emails about how well the company is doing and how high our record profits have been, (REALLY?!)
    - Management is extremely senior, unproductive, and overpaid and more worried about their annual survey score than actually making productive changes
    - After annual employee survey results (write in the space type response) hammered management, they changed the survey to multiple choice and biased questions instead of making any actual changes
    - The office branch has gone from 2000+ employees to under 400 - (not everyone was fired) so what do you think

Sweeping changes are needed beginning with extremely top heavy upper management. New CEO has started the process but may be too-little too-late. At least pretend like you care for employees well-being and work/life balance.

There are newer employer reviews for Computer Sciences Corp