Computer Sciences Corp

There are newer employer reviews for Computer Sciences Corp

So Far So Good

Current Contractor - Electronics Technician I in Fort Knox, KY
Current Contractor - Electronics Technician I in Fort Knox, KY

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp as a contractor (more than 5 years)

Pros

Large Company that provides well rounded benefits package and Pay. If you are flexiable with your career, there are opportunities for advancement and growth.

Cons

Government Contracting side of the house. No longevity with the positions.
Company is so large there is no oversight at my workplace. I work for my local management team and not for the Company. Vision is a little Blurry!

Take pride in your job and you position. Promote development within the workforce and yes that includes raises and possibly and bonus every once in a while.

3175 Other Employee Reviews for Computer Sciences Corp (View Most Recent)

It's had its ups and downs.

Current Employee - Senior Solutions Architect in Beaumont, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Solutions Architect in Beaumont, TX

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great coworkers and opportunities for advancement. They allow some flexibility in work schedule (depending on position) and promote a healthy work-life balance.
    Recent trends have been towards improving company wide communications and streamlining management tiers.

Cons

Too much bureaucracy, unclear management lines, and too little employee engagement. Poor lines of communications between organizational towers and among accounts.
    Although they officially promote a healthy work-life balance, they also have policies in place that are dicotomous to that philosophy.

Don't forget that the employees working on accounts, doing their jobs are just as important to the business as those in the upper echelons. Without the "boots on the ground" there would be no need for all those managers.

Rollercoaster ride

Former Employee - Program Director
    Former Employee - Program Director

I worked at Computer Sciences Corp full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible work environment if remote. Can be great depending on which business unit you're in.

Cons

Company is extremely disorganized. Hard to find even the simplest things needed to complete customer requirements. Many at the top are very self motivated. "Client first" is just a slogan, no truth behind it.

Just do what you claim to do. Very simple. Hire and retain people who actually care about the client. Not just those with great political capital internally.

There are newer employer reviews for Computer Sciences Corp