There are newer employer reviews for Computer Sciences Corp

Keep self-improving and stay relevant

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY
Current Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp full-time (More than a year)

Pros

variety of projects and locations; flexibility of remote assignments; management is making good reorganization moves;

Cons

like most consulting companies, travel to client Monday-Thursday when remote work not available; typically not agile, many projects driven by older Microsoft Project-type initial schedules with minimal adjustments throughout project; few offices for developers to collaborate; hard to recommend to new grads since they may not be able to develop along side a mentor

Advice to Management

Need to grow in agile project management; complex Excel and Microsoft Project templates are a project burden

Other Employee Reviews for Computer Sciences Corp

Happy Days are gone

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Washington, DC

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Large IT company with extensive computer resources.

Cons

CSC is undergoing a reorganization controlled by bean counters who do not understand all aspects of CSC business. As a result they have gutted our leadership and have seriously jeopardized my units ability to perform and win new business.

Advice to Management

Let your local managers run their organizations

IT Tech support at AFOSI Andrews AFB for CSC.

Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Washington, DC

I worked at Computer Sciences Corp (Less than a year)

Pros

Large company and large company benefits.

Cons

Made it very clear throughout the hiring process that I was going to college. When I got the offer letter I negotiated a salary based on their tuition benefits and explained that to my future manager. Once I was hired the manager refused to sign the tuition benefits paperwork, claiming they did not have the funds to pay $3,000 and asked me if I could apply for tuition re-reimbursement for one class only, which they could do. I pointed out that they had a maximum of $5,000 per year and I was below that maximum, but to no avail the manager refused to sign and eventually my request was dropped from the corporate benefits system they have and the allotted time-span to apply for the fall semester ran out. Office politics are rampant. The most shocking were IT managers hired that had very little IT experience or even a cert and simply hired because they were friends with the boss. Friends were hired over or placed in charge of true IT professionals with decades of experience and B.S. and M.S. degrees. Got spoken down to many times by absolutely degrading managers.

Advice to Management

Stop speaking down to your subordinates. The majority of employees probably want to do a good job and value their jobs. Allow your subordinates to excel by helping them, instead of fighting against them.