There are newer employer reviews for Computer Sciences Corp

Intense and correcting its past but little to those who are in the trenches

Current Employee - Project Manager/Lead in Falls Church, VA
Current Employee - Project Manager/Lead in Falls Church, VA

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

State of the art, striving to be #1. A lot of choices but not easy to pick a good project. Numerous training options.

Cons

Poor compensation package for all the hours and effort. Little rewards to those that have spent a lot of time on projects. Difficult to select best projects.

Staff up with people so that existing staff need not perform 5 different jobs, 3 roles and scramble to bids when they come in.

reviews filtered by
  1. I have had the honor of working some of the best people, and some of the worst.

Current Employee - Senior Network Engineer in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Network Engineer in Washington, DC

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working from home options are good

Cons

Not the greatest benifits, would like to be paid more

2. I enjoyed most of my time, & my immediate colleagues were great -- qualified professionals I consider friends.

Former Employee - Communications Manager
    Former Employee - Communications Manager

I worked at Computer Sciences Corp full-time

Pros

My immediate colleagues were great, as were many people - many of which tried to do the right thing for the client despite budget constraints and the constant reduction of workforce.

Cons

With the new CEO, and to an extent even before him, there was a constant threat of RIFs; they just increased with the new CEO tookover and undertook a major re-org. I got a meeting invite for the following day with the title of "Discussion of your role" - I thought it was to discuss the new role the VP of my vertical wanted me for...I was wrong, it was to tell me my position was being eliminated. And it was actually due to a clerical error - I was categorized in the wrong job classification, so when they RIF'd that certain group, I was RIF'd as well....even though I was technically doing a different job at that time.

Find ways to improve revenue growth rather than cutting costs in order to look like your making your numbers reported to the Street. I honestly don't see how all of your existing work is getting done with all of the RIFs that have occurred. I don't know how you to expect to grow when you're eliminating positions rather than hiring talented professionals to help you innovate, manage sales & growth, etc. I do understand that there are underperformers or departments where there were just simply too many people - but the whole situation could have been handled better. I believe the new CEO over-promised on growth & the short timeframe he could achieve it. So he was left to RIF folks & cut costs in many areas so that the numbers looked good. A proper re-org of a company should not only be well thought out, but time should be taken to ensure the proper people are in Leadership roles, and a proper timeline given to really achieve results.

There are newer employer reviews for Computer Sciences Corp