There are newer employer reviews for Computer Sciences Corp

As all positions its what you bring to the table and continue to grow, keep your skills up to date

Former Employee - Systems Architect in Lanham, MD
Former Employee - Systems Architect in Lanham, MD

I worked at Computer Sciences Corp full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Medium/Large company provide growth opportunities

Cons

Management needs to be consistent with the company's mission statement my experience with CSC constantly showed management disconnect with the company's mission statement.
Experiences varies based on your manager I had 5 managers during my tenure

CSC need to provide an open door policy for employees to discuss issues at the job sites they are contracting at.

2874 Other Employee Reviews for Computer Sciences Corp (View Most Recent)

I enjoyed most of my time, & my immediate colleagues were great -- qualified professionals I consider friends.

Former Employee - Communications Manager
    Former Employee - Communications Manager

I worked at Computer Sciences Corp full-time

Pros

My immediate colleagues were great, as were many people - many of which tried to do the right thing for the client despite budget constraints and the constant reduction of workforce.

Cons

With the new CEO, and to an extent even before him, there was a constant threat of RIFs; they just increased with the new CEO tookover and undertook a major re-org. I got a meeting invite for the following day with the title of "Discussion of your role" - I thought it was to discuss the new role the VP of my vertical wanted me for...I was wrong, it was to tell me my position was being eliminated. And it was actually due to a clerical error - I was categorized in the wrong job classification, so when they RIF'd that certain group, I was RIF'd as well....even though I was technically doing a different job at that time.

Find ways to improve revenue growth rather than cutting costs in order to look like your making your numbers reported to the Street. I honestly don't see how all of your existing work is getting done with all of the RIFs that have occurred. I don't know how you to expect to grow when you're eliminating positions rather than hiring talented professionals to help you innovate, manage sales & growth, etc. I do understand that there are underperformers or departments where there were just simply too many people - but the whole situation could have been handled better. I believe the new CEO over-promised on growth & the short timeframe he could achieve it. So he was left to RIF folks & cut costs in many areas so that the numbers looked good. A proper re-org of a company should not only be well thought out, but time should be taken to ensure the proper people are in Leadership roles, and a proper timeline given to really achieve results.

Company review by ex-employee from US

Former Employee - Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Computer Sciences Corp full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Nice training plans with top universities like cornell

Cons

too much beurocracy and lack of freedom

Be more flexible