There are newer employer reviews for Computer Sciences Corp

As all positions its what you bring to the table and continue to grow, keep your skills up to date

Former Employee - Systems Architect in Lanham, MD
Former Employee - Systems Architect in Lanham, MD

I worked at Computer Sciences Corp full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Medium/Large company provide growth opportunities

Cons

Management needs to be consistent with the company's mission statement my experience with CSC constantly showed management disconnect with the company's mission statement.
Experiences varies based on your manager I had 5 managers during my tenure

Advice to Management

CSC need to provide an open door policy for employees to discuss issues at the job sites they are contracting at.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. I enjoyed most of my time, & my immediate colleagues were great -- qualified professionals I consider friends.

Former Employee - Communications Manager
    Former Employee - Communications Manager

I worked at Computer Sciences Corp full-time

Pros

My immediate colleagues were great, as were many people - many of which tried to do the right thing for the client despite budget constraints and the constant reduction of workforce.

Cons

With the new CEO, and to an extent even before him, there was a constant threat of RIFs; they just increased with the new CEO tookover and undertook a major re-org. I got a meeting invite for the following day with the title of "Discussion of your role" - I thought it was to discuss the new role the VP of my vertical wanted me for...I was wrong, it was to tell me my position was being eliminated. And it was actually due to a clerical error - I was categorized in the wrong job classification, so when they RIF'd that certain group, I was RIF'd as well....even though I was technically doing a different job at that time.

Advice to Management

Find ways to improve revenue growth rather than cutting costs in order to look like your making your numbers reported to the Street. I honestly don't see how all of your existing work is getting done with all of the RIFs that have occurred. I don't know how you to expect to grow when you're eliminating positions rather than hiring talented professionals to help you innovate, manage sales & growth, etc. I do understand that there are underperformers or departments where there were just simply too many people - but the whole situation could have been handled better. I believe the new CEO over-promised on growth & the short timeframe he could achieve it. So he was left to RIF folks & cut costs in many areas so that the numbers looked good. A proper re-org of a company should not only be well thought out, but time should be taken to ensure the proper people are in Leadership roles, and a proper timeline given to really achieve results.

CSC Public Sector

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp

Pros

There is nothing positive about the public sector division.

Cons

Garbage company with poor management that tries to find anyway not to pay people. Because of the Government shutdown, CSC is trying to furlough people as well and get away with not paying their employees.

Advice to Management

Lead the company to be successful instead of trying to line your pockets.