Computer Sciences Corp

www.csc.com
  www.csc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Computer Sciences Corp

As all positions its what you bring to the table and continue to grow, keep your skills up to date

Former Employee - Systems Architect in Lanham, MD
Former Employee - Systems Architect in Lanham, MD

I worked at Computer Sciences Corp full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Medium/Large company provide growth opportunities

Cons

Management needs to be consistent with the company's mission statement my experience with CSC constantly showed management disconnect with the company's mission statement.
Experiences varies based on your manager I had 5 managers during my tenure

CSC need to provide an open door policy for employees to discuss issues at the job sites they are contracting at.

2981 Other Employee Reviews for Computer Sciences Corp (View Most Recent)

I enjoyed most of my time, & my immediate colleagues were great -- qualified professionals I consider friends.

Former Employee - Communications Manager
    Former Employee - Communications Manager

I worked at Computer Sciences Corp full-time

Pros

My immediate colleagues were great, as were many people - many of which tried to do the right thing for the client despite budget constraints and the constant reduction of workforce.

Cons

With the new CEO, and to an extent even before him, there was a constant threat of RIFs; they just increased with the new CEO tookover and undertook a major re-org. I got a meeting invite for the following day with the title of "Discussion of your role" - I thought it was to discuss the new role the VP of my vertical wanted me for...I was wrong, it was to tell me my position was being eliminated. And it was actually due to a clerical error - I was categorized in the wrong job classification, so when they RIF'd that certain group, I was RIF'd as well....even though I was technically doing a different job at that time.

Find ways to improve revenue growth rather than cutting costs in order to look like your making your numbers reported to the Street. I honestly don't see how all of your existing work is getting done with all of the RIFs that have occurred. I don't know how you to expect to grow when you're eliminating positions rather than hiring talented professionals to help you innovate, manage sales & growth, etc. I do understand that there are underperformers or departments where there were just simply too many people - but the whole situation could have been handled better. I believe the new CEO over-promised on growth & the short timeframe he could achieve it. So he was left to RIF folks & cut costs in many areas so that the numbers looked good. A proper re-org of a company should not only be well thought out, but time should be taken to ensure the proper people are in Leadership roles, and a proper timeline given to really achieve results.

Continues the Death Spiral on a Daily Basis

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

It pays more than unemployment. Even though company is misdirected and flailing you can ride this thing all the way to the ground and bail out right before bankruptcy or until it's sold to someone else.

Cons

Slimy and petty management. Dinosaur mentality. No real direction. The political backbiting and infighting is unbelievable. Poor. Untrue. Employees spend a lot of time waiting formthenother shoe to drop as the "re-layering" has resulted in thousands of layoffs. Benefits are reduced and cut continuously in many creative ways. This outfit is all about making money for the arrogant and incompetent senior management and Wall Street investors at the expense and grief of regular employees. Makes you want to take a shower every day after work to wash the slime off your soul.

Be honest. Just tell employees they're not important and that you plan to bleed them dry. Or just hurry up and all it to someone who might manage it better. All signs point to quickly and artificially inflating the stock price for a sale - you have to hurry up and sell before you have no more expense to it and no more employees to put out on the street.

There are newer employer reviews for Computer Sciences Corp