Computer Sciences Corp

There are newer employer reviews for Computer Sciences Corp

Going down hill

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

CSC used to be a great place to work. The is a lot of telecommuting work available.

Cons

CSC has been too busy cutting costs deeply where ever they can. Lot of the top talent has left or is leaving the company. They still going through restructuring and layoffs. I would wait a year (until mid 2014) to let the dust settle before thinking about joining.

3175 Other Employee Reviews for Computer Sciences Corp (View Most Recent)

Grew up with company, but growth slowing

Current Employee - Technical Writer in Norco, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Writer in Norco, CA

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Each area is a little different. Norco location offers some of the best flexibility. Not micromanaged here. Ability to work a 4/10 schedule. Paid education if it applies directly to your job. Depending on who you work for, you can get a decent raise - but it still is a fight to obtain. 401K matching.

Cons

Health insurance SUCKS. I feel like I hardly have health insurance now that they only gave us one health insurance option (Aetna - high deductible insurance). I miss Kaiser. Education policy should be expanded to include certificates if they apply directly to job, but these are not reimbursed. At my location (Norco, CA) reviews are not conducted often, and when they were, they were rubberstamped. Some employees in departments receive more recognition than others.

The management I deal with directly is pretty good - employee oriented - interested in employee well being. They do the best they can with what corporate allows. I think there are more issues with corporate than anything - and the company is huge so it is hard to connect with those at the higher level.

Too many managers, too few engaged employees

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp

Pros

Lots of technology around to learn, great way to springboard a new career. With employees quitting in droves, great opportunities abound for you to replace them.

Cons

Too heavy on technology-challenged management, leads to poor decisions from a technical perspective. Almost ran out of business a few years ago (search forbes website for details). Hopefully new CEO will turn this around but we'll see. Unless you work for a defense contractor, North American and European jobs at risk of outsourcing. Very serious employee engagement problem that was identified 3-4 years ago, but have not been able to fix, mostly because the fix is to treat employees well, which they cannot figure out how to do.

Gallup showed you the employee engagement problem years ago. You are not going to fix this problem by changing polling companies, so stop doing that and expecting a different answer. The employees deserve good management that can properly run a company. If you can't run the company profitably while still having an employee-friendly environment, step down or sell the company.

You better pray your clients don't force industry standard employee retention rates on you. You won't be able to change your culture fast enough and it will cost you big bucks that you can't afford to pay back.

There are newer employer reviews for Computer Sciences Corp