Computer Sciences Corp

There are newer employer reviews for Computer Sciences Corp

Treats employees as commodities

Current Employee - Consultant in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Large Company. Jobs available across globe. Niche areas with interesting work.

Cons

Poor benefits. Treats employees like commodities that are easily replaced. Does little to improve employee satisfaction. Lower management has little power in helping. Upper management talks the talk, but does little to back up grand ideas with actual policies or money.

Listen to the little people. They're the ones actually earning the company money.

2981 Other Employee Reviews for Computer Sciences Corp (View Most Recent)

Don't ruin your career by working here

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Sub-org genuinely has interest in employees (yet doesn't really have a grasp of the business or the power to do anything)
    - Still has a decent tuition reimbursement plan

Cons

- I have experienced terrible bosses I thought were reserved for cartoons and movies. As in, "even though your work is done, you need to sit here until 8PM just in case (add expletives wherever)" ... while the boss is at home.
    - Too many people have BSed their way into middle management; this leads to a lot of talking and minimal progress... then later to dumping blame and work on lower level employees
    - Constant condescending attitudes, bred by the policy: if you act toughly you will probably get promoted
    - Get a good salary upfront because the yearly review tool is a meaningless joke and you're going to probably get a 1% increase
    - No titles due to restructuring. That is correct -- I have gone almost a year without a job title. No better way to make an employee feel like a number.
    - No control over career path (not that there is a career path)
    - Took away funding for training ... so you better enjoy the BS they have you doing as staff augmentation on your project (that is now your ambition)

I've worked at other large companies and this place is a joke. It has thrown off my career path entirely.

Stop cost cutting at the expense of everything. Stop slamming fist (with cuff-link) on the table and yelling, thinking that will get things done. I'm convinced management is not concerned with voluntary attrition ... well, you're getting your wish.

Technology transformation is the best thing I've seen at CSC in a long time.

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

With the new CEO and CTO, the company is really getting on the right path. The company it getting fit and is on the way to becoming the top provider of enterprise services.

Cons

In a large company it is slow and hard to change old ways. Some management staff get in the way of getting things done. Project scope changes constantly and sometimes we don't even know why we are doing something.

There are newer employer reviews for Computer Sciences Corp