There are newer employer reviews for Computer Sciences Corp

EOC contract in Chantilly VA and Forth Worth TX

Current Employee - Systems Administrator  in  Chantilly, VA
Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The only good element that I can really think of at this moment is the CSC e-learning website

Cons

I was a System Administrator with CSC with a high security clearance and got paid like a Tier-1 Helpdesk person. I was promised a raise and when I accepted the new position the raise never followed. The management has a very high turnover and so does the other staff. Everybody working on the FBI EOC contract is unhappy and wants to leave. CSC in general is not a beneficial company to work for. The benefits through Aetna are extremely bad and keeps getting worse every year. The HR personnel is indifferent and lazy. It is not uncommon to create a case and not hear back. In general I sensed that everybody i spoke to expressed that they were underpaid, if they compared to other government contracts.

revise lower layers of management ASAP and seriously review the HR personnel

2715 Other Employee Reviews for Computer Sciences Corp (View Most Recent)

Company with no salary increase and career progression plan for employees

Current Employee - Account Service Director  in  Falls Church, VA
    Current Employee - Account Service Director in Falls Church, VA

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Strong client base, global foot print in 80+ countries, friendly peers

Cons

Management doesn't care about employees. The only thing they care is to find a way to cut cost. Benefits get worse every year (health insurance and 401 matching are all squeezed). Salaries are below industry standard and raises are practically nonexistent. No training or chances for career advancement. Good skilled employees who can find a job are quitting leaving outdated mediocre employees to stays. A-players don’t want to play with a bunch of C-players.

develop an employee retention strategy for high performing employees

Politics

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Computer Sciences Corp full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great benefits, okay salary, good personalities in interview process,

Cons

The people always seem nice at first but will back stab the hell out of you if you stay long enough. The training is horrible, does not prepare you for the real work. On top of the training being long as hell, which is a waste. A very high turnover. If you plan on working there you better have some thick skin and be able to multi-task and take being yelled and cursed at over the phone. Everyone there cries....On top of that you have no life but they claim they are working on scheduling but that's only if employees are willing to stay and judging by my experience there are not many stay. THEY ARE CRAZY!

If the training and resources were a lot better and actually prepared employees when they go on the floor, it would reduce there turnover that's for sure and make the job less stressful. Never in my life dealt with such horrible management but they just keep finding more people to replace, then leave.

There are newer employer reviews for Computer Sciences Corp

Worked for Computer Sciences Corp? Contribute to the Community!