EOC contract in Chantilly VA and Forth Worth TX

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Chantilly, VA
Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The only good element that I can really think of at this moment is the CSC e-learning website

Cons

I was a System Administrator with CSC with a high security clearance and got paid like a Tier-1 Helpdesk person. I was promised a raise and when I accepted the new position the raise never followed. The management has a very high turnover and so does the other staff. Everybody working on the FBI EOC contract is unhappy and wants to leave. CSC in general is not a beneficial company to work for. The benefits through Aetna are extremely bad and keeps getting worse every year. The HR personnel is indifferent and lazy. It is not uncommon to create a case and not hear back. In general I sensed that everybody i spoke to expressed that they were underpaid, if they compared to other government contracts.

Advice to Management

revise lower layers of management ASAP and seriously review the HR personnel

Other Employee Reviews for Computer Sciences Corp

1. CSC is a company that is almost too good to be true, and my experience with CSC so far has been wonderful.

Current Employee - Associate: Systems Technician in Newark, DE
    Current Employee - Associate: Systems Technician in Newark, DE

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

CSC takes every opportunity to provide their employee with good benefits, opportunities to improve yourself, and advance within the company. This company is a welcome change from previous employers who do not value quality work.

Cons

The one minor challenge is managing a work-life balance. Though this isn't really much of an issue.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

CSC

Current Contractor - Project Manager
    Current Contractor - Project Manager

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Has a varied degree of clients and accounts to work on

Cons

PM's are like contract workers and after an engagement it is up to them to find another one. The work experience very much depends on the contract/client you are working on Company is reorganizing so future not clear - engineering and technical functions outsourced to AT&T A lot of work pushed overseas