There are newer employer reviews for Computer Sciences Corp

Cheap company which only cares about the bottom line.

Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer  in  Arlington, VA
Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Arlington, VA

I worked at Computer Sciences Corp full-time for more than a year

Pros

The co-workers were great bunch of guys who were as experienced as I was. We're all had at least 10 years of IT experience, so there was no spoon feeding necessary.
If you like very little management interaction (as I do), I list it as a pro here. Most of the time the managers don't even know that you've showed up to work. The ratio of mgmt to workers is well below industry norm.

Cons

Very little communication from top down. Management is very heavy at the director and above. There were more Directors and VP's on our project than there were managers. And those at the top only knew how to pad the bottom line. Good workers were cut to save money. Newbies were brought in to replace them, but lacked the skills needed to perform the job properly, but CSC saved money in the process.
Consider yourself a cattle when you enter CSC.

Talk to your employees and listen to them during the monthly meeting. Don't just rely on the managers and directors, they are there to kiss your ass. They are a bunch of "yes" men.

2729 Other Employee Reviews for Computer Sciences Corp (View Most Recent)

Bad experience at NETPDTC Pensacola, FL

Former Employee - .NET Developer  in  Pensacola, FL
    Former Employee - .NET Developer in Pensacola, FL

I worked at Computer Sciences Corp full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Can't think of any but maybe is a good stepping stone.

Cons

They will pay as little as possible and keep you at that pay level as long as they can. They don't care about you. They only care about keeping the position filled. If you bring to light issues with their employees work ethics they will threaten to fire you. Had to quit to get competitive pay.

Pack you bags and move out of Pensacola. Your reign is coming to an end.

The corporate bottom dollar was all that mattered--stock price.

Former Employee - Network Security Analyst/Team Lead  in  San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Network Security Analyst/Team Lead in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Computer Sciences Corp full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good employee benefits like counseling etc.

Cons

Leadership was very unorganized, employees couldn't even get shift differential like they were promised. Expensive healthcare

In all the corporate restructuring to make the shareholders happy, you forgot about the average employee. Get rid of GPARS, you can't reduce the evaluation of a person to a percentage. I had employees who were promised shift differential that haven't received it since the corporate restructure spring of 2013. Get it together.

There are newer employer reviews for Computer Sciences Corp

Worked for Computer Sciences Corp? Contribute to the Community!