There are newer employer reviews for Computer Sciences Corp

Very good

Current Employee - Human Resources Professional in Falls Church, VA
Current Employee - Human Resources Professional in Falls Church, VA

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Able to move from group to group to maintain career goals

Cons

Always subject to lay offs

reviews filtered by

Management has a very short term vision

Former Employee - Project Manager in Blythewood, SC
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Blythewood, SC

I worked at Computer Sciences Corp full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Training, flexibility to work from home, solid and repeatable development processes

Cons

Inept upper level management/mid level management with no backbone, dwindling benefits/compensation

Advice to Management

From a potential employer standpoint, not only CSC but many of these big companies have really taken a dive over the past ten years. I worked at CSC for about seven years. CSC was my second mega sized IT/Services company to work for since college (17 years ago), and will be my last because of my experiences with CSC. Many friends working at other similar/very large companies (IBM, Accenture, HP, etc) have the similar experiences and observations at those places.

I did have a couple of great bosses for the first 5/6 years which is why I stayed so long.... and unfortunately they were able to talk me out of taking positions at other companies on two different occasions. Hindsight is 20/20 though I guess....

Anyway, on to my experiences with working at CSC. Not only did we NOT invest back into our products/services to enhance them so we could win new contracts and customers, it became a scramble to even maintain the customers we had after getting hit with layoff after layoff over the years. As these contracts come up for renewal, these customers do their due diligence via their procurement process and CSC continued(s) to shrink revenue as competitors with foresight past next quarter's numbers are able to deliver better products and services.

Such a simple problem to solve isn't it? No, not for this companies management.

They did however seem to very concerned over the stock price, which I just checked, and it looks like it has finally gone up over the last year and half. Congrats Mr Lowry, you have finally become the lucky beneficiary of a raging bull market, considering you missed the four years of it.

FYI to any 'investors'.... Make no mistake, this company is NOT growing with a 3% GDP economy. I guessing this company has only half of today's revenue in ten years with the current business model. Yes, it's that bad. This company deserves to lose customers, as I interfaced with many of them and believe they deserve better for the type of money they are spending on CSC.

To all of my peers looking at CSC as a potential employer, take a pass on it and hold out for a smaller/more innovative company. You'll actually be a part of something exciting that has a chance to grow, taking your career with it.

My pay was OK at CSC. My portion of healthcare coverage got more expensive each year with higher co-pays and deductibles, but I believe that is anywhere at this point. They match 50% up to the first 6% on your 401k. Two weeks of vacation each year, that goes to three weeks at year five of your tenure. Be prepared, you'll be asked to use any saved up vacation when the quarter's numbers are short (and they almost always are) for expense relief. Unpaid/mandatory furloughs are possible here.

If you absolutely need a job and this is all you can find, I can't blame you. It's a paycheck. But that's about it from a longer term perspective. Shrinking companies generally don't have much in the way of opportunity longer term.

You've been warned.

They are in a transformation

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp full-time (more than a year)

Pros

long term projects, with ongoing government funding

Cons

not sure how stable the SAP group is

Advice to Management

make decisions already!

There are newer employer reviews for Computer Sciences Corp