Financial Analyst Review

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Needham, MA
Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Needham, MA

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp

Pros

Flexible work hours They understand that we have personal lives too Management is competent and kind

Cons

Job is tedious and sometimes boring

Advice to Management

N/A

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. IA Engineer

Current Employee - IA Engineer in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - IA Engineer in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp

Pros

Big company, Big name, Recognition to some extent.

Cons

Lack of corporate culture and communication from management. Laid off everyone within 1 day of contract loss. Didn't even attempt to find new placement for over 60 employees.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to your employees, they are what make a project or contract or company successful.

CSC is not a great place to work

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in East Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in East Hartford, CT

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp

Pros

Depending on your manager, CSC is good with allowing remote access. I've even heard of people being allowed to work from home, but again, it depends on your manager.

Cons

Upper management has no idea how difficult the lower jobs are. Because of the economy, the first response was always to cut people - causing more work for those at the bottom. They are so focused on the bottom line, that they have lost sight of the important things like employee moral and more important - customer satisfaction. Finally, when I was laid off, I found out that there is not severance package in place. I received "working notice". The hardest part about this was that this is also at management's discretion. I had heard of others getting a severance package, but I guess they needed me there for the extra few weeks. I was not considered a risk.

Advice to Management

To the management of CSC, I would like to point out some issues that are commonly complained about at the lower levels. There is a great deal of pressure on the middle managers to meet their numbers, and therefore there is always a push to save money. Somewhere along the way, it was determined that eliminating jobs would cut costs and therefore, they can make their numbers. However, what is happening is that the lower level people are then required to do more than they should - sometimes the work of 2 or 3 people. This leads to people being dissatisfied with their jobs and the high turnover rate. The other part of this that is not taken into account is that it ends up costing the company more money in the long run because it costs more in training and getting new people up to speed. The managers do not take that into account because they do not see it directly affecting their bottom line. There was also another initiative to 'off-shore' jobs to save money. Again, it sounds good on paper, but if US companies don't take a stand and try to keep jobs here, then the economy will take longer to recover. This in turn will affect your clients/customers decisions to work with CSC. I do not claim to be an expert on any of this, but it seems like common sense to me. Right now, I feel that CSC cares more about their bottom line than their employees.