Computer Sciences Corp
2.9 of 5 2,432 reviews
www.csc.com Falls Church, VA 5000+ Employees

Computer Sciences -- Not many corporations like this anymore.

Engineering Manager (Former Employee)
Oakland, CA

ProsCSC is a very large, well established and conservative company. Within their corporate image, they are very accomodating. They have a lot of infrastructure and are very supportive of their core competencies.

ConsAt the same time, they *are* a large, conservative company. If you are *not* deemed within their core profit competency, they are quick to marginalize at the first sign of a downturn. Their bureaucracy is labyrinthine, and very slow to move. They have very little interest in innovation; the company grows its products by acquisition, not R&D.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen you pay for advice, heed it. I was given a chance to attend a Senior Leader's conference in 2006; they had some very respected industry analysts speak to them and advise them on how the market was shifting. The news was not well received, so it was largely ignored in the months that followed.

Flexibility at a Price and it's your choice.

Principal Consultant (Current Employee)
    Austin, TX

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp

Pros: Sick Leave keep accrueing without getting reset which can be useful for emergencies after a few years. Big company with many locations worldwide, and if on… Cons: Many expectations [work extra hours, increased productivity] with little reward. Not focused… Advice to Senior Management: Make sure that we can deliver what we promise to avoid having the client "expect more"... delays, issues, costs, ... Why do we have people that… More

Competitive salaries for competent senior consultants and above.

Senior Engineering Consultant (Current Employee)
    Washington, DC

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp

Pros: Very competitive salaries for senior consultants and above in the D.C. area especially if you hold desirable product knowledge in hot technologies. … Cons: Very loose structure is good for self-starters but very alienating for others. This is not a place for anyone… Advice to Senior Management: They need to spend more time with the team and communicate expectations better. I think growth is exceeding the rate at which… More
There are newer reviews on Computer Sciences Corp.

Worked for Computer Sciences Corp? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Computer Sciences Corp reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Computer Sciences Corp CEO Mike Lawrie. All reviews posted anonymously by Computer Sciences Corp employees.