Not bad for such a large company

Current Employee - Web Developer  in  Research Triangle Park, NC
Current Employee - Web Developer in Research Triangle Park, NC

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp

Pros

Start and end times are very flexible. As long as your work is being done, there are not rigid start and end times.

Cons

As a government contractor, you are sometimes ignored by the Feds even though your role or expertise may be crucial to a project.

None.

Other Reviews for Computer Sciences Corp

Highs and Lows

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Washington, DC

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp

Pros

Everything about your experience at CSC depends on what group you work in. Ask lots of questions at your interview.

Overall:
    * Solid benefits
    * Personally, my immediate management has been fantastic. Great support and very open to time off and remote work if they trust you.
    * Great internal support for transferring across groups
    * In my group energetic self starters have plenty of room to be ambitious while folks just looking to cash a paycheck can find safe but tedious work.

Cons

* In my line of business senior management seems very uninterested in innovation. CSC seems to exist as a blend between a staffing agency and a middle man for COTS packages. There is no interest in investigating or bringing new technologies to the customers.
    * Your management has to fight tooth and nail to get you raises above cost of living. Negotiate a good initial offer because you might have to jump job positions to get a solid raise. This is true regardless of your performance.

* Look forward. The first tier consulting agencies have budgets for innovation and constantly strive to expose their customers to new technologies. If anything similar exists at CSC it is completely out of reach for front line employees.
    * Get some geeks in senior management. CSC is a technology company. While every company can't be Google, the top tier consultant companies are top tier because they push new technologies.

Decent, was deployed

Former Employee - Senior Systems Analyst  in  Woodbridge, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Woodbridge, VA

I worked at Computer Sciences Corp

Pros

I had the opportunity to work for CSC while deployed with the USMC. While most of my mission was dealing with the military and accomplishing things overseas, communication from our program manager was limited and sometimes non-existant. Overall, with my limited interaction with CSC, they weren't terrible - just not stellar.

Cons

the HR process to getting hired/quitting was absolutely ridiculous. Corporate rat race to the max. If I never have to go through such a waste of time again, I'll be a much better person.

It's not quite clear what the company does, aside from 'professional services' - which are just fine. An overall focus for the entire company in the WAY things are done would be extremely helpful. Also, the corporate website is approx 4 years behind competitors in terms of look/feel/technology.

There are newer employer reviews for Computer Sciences Corp.

Worked for Computer Sciences Corp? Contribute to the Community!