There are newer employer reviews for Computer Sciences Corp

CSC is a great place to work for senior level subject matter experts.

Current Employee - Senior Test Engineer in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Senior Test Engineer in Washington, DC

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp

Pros

I appreciate the hands off approach that management assumes. I have been passively looking at other opportunities, but none of the others compare to the total compensation package that I receive at CSC. From this point, another company is going to have to come with a really enticing offer to make a move worth it. Hands off, relatively stable working environment, good pay, all good qualities in my book.

Cons

The hands off approach to management. ,There are times when you just need feedback from management that doesn't always come. They assume your professionalism carries itself in most cases. Sometimes you just need to hear how things are going at times other than your annual review.

Advice to Management

HArd to say, no one wants to be micromanaged, my management has been completely supportive, but sometimes specifc actions of employees need management feedback, good and bad.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Can be rewarding, but beware.....

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator in New York, NY

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp

Pros

Many diverse opportunities and accounts. There is lots of room to move and try different things and different regions, domestically or globally.

Cons

Senior management. Many of the VP think they are god like. Never giving the employees the respect they have earned. I witnessed on VP lecture and belittle someone, in front of everyone, for being late to a conference call. funny thing the day before the same VP was an hour late for the same call. No one called her on it.

Advice to Management

Start realizing the employees doing the work are the asset the make the company. Without us, CSC is nothing.

Flexibility at a Price and it's your choice.

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Austin, TX

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp

Pros

Sick Leave keep accrueing without getting reset which can be useful for emergencies after a few years.
    Big company with many locations worldwide, and if on the right project, possibility to travel around the world.
    On most projects, hours are flexible, and it's possible to work from home.
    Online training/books accessible to employees.
    It is possible to grow quickly when willing to invest a lot of time. It is also possible to get a "good" life (little stress/little work) on some long term production maintenance tasks.

Cons

Many expectations [work extra hours, increased productivity] with little reward.
    Not focused on personal growth despite corporate speech.
    Focus is on meeting impossible deadlines.

Advice to Management

Make sure that we can deliver what we promise to avoid having the client "expect more"... delays, issues, costs, ...
    Why do we have people that will not do the job give estimates? It should be a combination of people assigned to the project and people with lots of cross projects experience... unfortunately proposals and estimates are provided before any implementation team is put in place.... as if it's going to take the same time regardless of the people working on the tasks.