Computer Sciences Corp

www.csc.com
  www.csc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Computer Sciences Corp

CSC is a great place to work for senior level subject matter experts.

Current Employee - Senior Test Engineer in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Senior Test Engineer in Washington, DC

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp

Pros

I appreciate the hands off approach that management assumes. I have been passively looking at other opportunities, but none of the others compare to the total compensation package that I receive at CSC. From this point, another company is going to have to come with a really enticing offer to make a move worth it. Hands off, relatively stable working environment, good pay, all good qualities in my book.

Cons

The hands off approach to management. ,There are times when you just need feedback from management that doesn't always come. They assume your professionalism carries itself in most cases. Sometimes you just need to hear how things are going at times other than your annual review.

HArd to say, no one wants to be micromanaged, my management has been completely supportive, but sometimes specifc actions of employees need management feedback, good and bad.

2975 Other Employee Reviews for Computer Sciences Corp (View Most Recent)

Can be rewarding, but beware.....

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp

Pros

Many diverse opportunities and accounts. There is lots of room to move and try different things and different regions, domestically or globally.

Cons

Senior management. Many of the VP think they are god like. Never giving the employees the respect they have earned. I witnessed on VP lecture and belittle someone, in front of everyone, for being late to a conference call. funny thing the day before the same VP was an hour late for the same call. No one called her on it.

Start realizing the employees doing the work are the asset the make the company. Without us, CSC is nothing.

It all depends on the account you are on, it's still very siloed.

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp

Pros

This company is very large and has a large job pool, especially if you are open to relocation. There is a lot of potential for public sector jobs, as long as you can obtain a security clearance. Generous on work-life balance as well as a 'hands-off' approach by managers as long as the work is getting done. The opportunities to excel and gain exposure to new technologies all depends on the client's needs.

Cons

This is a huge organization but is still broken down into silos depending on the account you are on. The managers and staff on each account are many times acquisitions from when the company dept was outsourced to CSC, so their way of thinking is usually the company's, and not CSC's. As a result, the company culture can vary widely among assignments. Internal transfers, however, even with a promotion, do not necessarily bring a satisfying increase as if you went external.

Since this company relies on inking multi-year deals with corporations and government , the employees should be more informed with the 'business' side and ways to land new business or how to foster existing relationships. This would be more effective than coming out with new re-organizations and buzzwords with new 3-letter initials every few years.

There are newer employer reviews for Computer Sciences Corp