There are newer employer reviews for Computer Sciences Corp

CSC is a great place to work for senior level subject matter experts.

Current Employee - Senior Test Engineer in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Senior Test Engineer in Washington, DC

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp

Pros

I appreciate the hands off approach that management assumes. I have been passively looking at other opportunities, but none of the others compare to the total compensation package that I receive at CSC. From this point, another company is going to have to come with a really enticing offer to make a move worth it. Hands off, relatively stable working environment, good pay, all good qualities in my book.

Cons

The hands off approach to management. ,There are times when you just need feedback from management that doesn't always come. They assume your professionalism carries itself in most cases. Sometimes you just need to hear how things are going at times other than your annual review.

Advice to Management

HArd to say, no one wants to be micromanaged, my management has been completely supportive, but sometimes specifc actions of employees need management feedback, good and bad.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Can be rewarding, but beware.....

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator in New York, NY

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp

Pros

Many diverse opportunities and accounts. There is lots of room to move and try different things and different regions, domestically or globally.

Cons

Senior management. Many of the VP think they are god like. Never giving the employees the respect they have earned. I witnessed on VP lecture and belittle someone, in front of everyone, for being late to a conference call. funny thing the day before the same VP was an hour late for the same call. No one called her on it.

Advice to Management

Start realizing the employees doing the work are the asset the make the company. Without us, CSC is nothing.

Can mismanagement get any worse?

Former Employee - Senior Network Engineer / Project Manager in Norfolk, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Network Engineer / Project Manager in Norfolk, VA

I worked at Computer Sciences Corp

Pros

They're willing to spring for a clearance. They have a huge CBT and training library.

Cons

Management in the Norfolk area is absolutely inept. Signing off on contracts without having the funds to back the work, and placing the employees in a battle between CSC and the customer over what is and is not getting done is ridiculous. Taking a contract, without the ability to manage the workers on that contract is horrible. And worst - hiring people with *absolutely no relevant experience* in order to fill seats quickly. How do you hire an Oracle DBA who's never used Oracle before...even at school or some kind of training? How do you hire network engineers who've don't know TCP/IP? And then bill them as 'Sr. Engineers'? CSC's actions at times amounted to just short of outright fraud.

Advice to Management

Read the contracts you sign. Don't throw employees into a battle between the customer and management. Hire QUALIFIED PEOPLE, don't fill seats.