Computer Task Group

www.ctg.com
  www.ctg.com
There are newer employer reviews for Computer Task Group

Great company to work for!

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at Computer Task Group as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

This company was wonderful to me. I was getting back into the workforce after being off for some time. They took care and got me all set up and ready to hit the ground running. I really appreciate whole team. It is contracting work.

Cons

It is contractor work.

78 Other Employee Reviews for Computer Task Group (View Most Recent)

Worst company I have ever worked for!!!!!

Former Employee - Cerner Senior Analyst in Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Cerner Senior Analyst in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Computer Task Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I was offered a job working in Palo Alto California

Cons

Here is a list of cons I had with this company!

1. I was promised 75% remote time after 6 months…. After 18 months of every week travel I ended up with 25% remote for 5 months.
    2. Pay is subpar!
    3. I was promised unlimited bench time and at the end of the gig CTG let the entire team go! They did not help us … NOTHING!!!
    4. Laid off aprox 8 + people saying “no Cerner work was out there”, within a week had a job working on Cerner.
    5. They promised everyone 2 weeks bench time from High up management and they didn’t even follow up with that!
    6. They make you pay all your expenses and then wait 2 weeks to get reimbursed!!!!
    7. I would not work for them again even if they doubled my salary!!!!
    8. I received 5 out 5 pints on evaluations from client with 5 being the best!
    9. Watch your back if you talk to them and get everything in writing and still be weary!!!!!

If you promise something keep your word and keep your promises. If you have to lay people off I would suggest tell them the truth and at least offer some help or guidance!!!

CTG - The body shop

I worked at Computer Task Group full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Some really great clients. Decent pay and benefits. Always take advantage of any 401K where they match a portion of you contribution!

Cons

It's a body shop with little care for the employee if the client doesn't like you or when the job ends. Good promotions? None that I ever saw for anyone in 10 years of employment unless you worked in Buffalo HQ. The good old boy program is alive and well here. The responsibility and headache of getting an FSM "promotion" is a joke for the tiny pay that comes with it. 2nd line management is out of touch with what goes on at the local level. CTG seems to hire folks from resumes instead of doing technical interviews and using that as a basis for employment. Many times they hired folks that had no clue what to do in the assignment and barely spoke English for positions which made both CTG and their client look bad to high end customers. One time upper management told the client they were ready to take over a project that was way under staffed both person wise and technically which resulted in the site manager getting the boot from the client.

Have a plan for your employees if their job ends at the current client they work for. More training, continuing education and way better involvement from upper management at the local level should be their focus. Have somebody keep tabs on your 2nd line/region managers!

There are newer employer reviews for Computer Task Group