There are newer employer reviews for Computer Task Group

A good company, but not a career

Former Employee - Datacenter Specialist  in  Poughkeepsie, NY
Former Employee - Datacenter Specialist in Poughkeepsie, NY

I worked at Computer Task Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

CTG keeps HR simple, and has good management staff. Potential to work for end client. Education plan, 401K, ability to buy stock. Employee purchase plan

Cons

Contracting. No Paid Personal Time Off, No Vacation.Overtime dependent on client. Some local representatives on contact you when issues, and not looking to improve your position. Lack of raises, even cost of living raises, and sometime decrease to keep client.

I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company, hire some of you larger client contractors as employee to better place skilled workers.

73 Other Employee Reviews for Computer Task Group (View Most Recent)

Never Again!

Former Employee - Computer Systems Analyst
    Former Employee - Computer Systems Analyst

I worked at Computer Task Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

None, that I am aware.

Cons

I see by the review comments of others that nothing has changed at CTG in a long time. I actually managed to last for 18 years, but that was at a different, and better, CTG than it is today. I left shortly after the current CEO started, and he's the reason I was let go. Prior CEOs cared about each employee, and yes, we were almost all actual employees, not contractors. Lots of very organized, well-run offices throughout the country (and world). Not after he started. He eliminated bench time, cut benefits and pay, and essentially turned CTG into a body shop. It's a shame, because it used to be a good company.

In order to go beyond the numbers you're perennially stuck on, you need to get rid of your bean-counting CEO. Never promote a CFO to run a company, because everything becomes a cost which needs to be lowered or eliminated.

CTG - The body shop

I worked at Computer Task Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Some really great clients. Decent pay and benefits. Always take advantage of any 401K where they match a portion of you contribution!

Cons

It's a body shop with little care for the employee if the client doesn't like you or when the job ends. Good promotions? None that I ever saw for anyone in 10 years of employment unless you worked in Buffalo HQ. The good old boy program is alive and well here. The responsibility and headache of getting an FSM "promotion" is a joke for the tiny pay that comes with it. 2nd line management is out of touch with what goes on at the local level. CTG seems to hire folks from resumes instead of doing technical interviews and using that as a basis for employment. Many times they hired folks that had no clue what to do in the assignment and barely spoke English for positions which made both CTG and their client look bad to high end customers. One time upper management told the client they were ready to take over a project that was way under staffed both person wise and technically which resulted in the site manager getting the boot from the client.

Have a plan for your employees if their job ends at the current client they work for. More training, continuing education and way better involvement from upper management at the local level should be their focus. Have somebody keep tabs on your 2nd line/region managers!

There are newer employer reviews for Computer Task Group

Worked for Computer Task Group? Contribute to the Community!