Compuware

There are newer employer reviews for Compuware

Compuware is definitely on the right track with Bob Paul

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Compuware full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Compuware gives me a great sense of empowerment. They emphasize collaboration. I believe that I am part of something big that is happening here. I like the great benefits, vacation and very competitive salary. The headquarters downtown is a beautiful state of the art building with all of the amenities we could want as employees.

Cons

still needs to clean up years of nepotism. Need to accelerate the pace of change with what is not working.

continue to reward excellence, continue to value execution and results. continue to empower and value your employees.

318 Other Employee Reviews for Compuware (View Most Recent)

Excellent Company

Current Employee - Customer Technical Support Analyst in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Customer Technical Support Analyst in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Compuware full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Excellent company to work for. Great people. Great location. Well paid. Lots of support from management.

Cons

Company has been struggling to make profit goals, which worries employees and raises concerns of staff cuts.

Keep doing what you're doing. Compuware is in great shape. Remind the employees that we aren't going to sacrifice people for profits.

Low pay and no growth

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

I worked at Compuware full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Basic benefits are OK and the people in the company are mostly very nice and well intentioned. If you get hired in as a new employee you get a reasonable salary.

Cons

Given that the company has very good margins you would expect that the company would take better care of its employees. New employees are higher paid then existing employees and there is no thought given on how to equalize a persons salary. 0 equity in the company and employees have no vested interest in seeing the company do well. Benefits are average for the Detroit area which is severely depressed and benefits are below average for anyone who works in an area other than Detroit. Management has absolutely no concern for employees and when one was asked about salary by one of the employees the answer was insulting and obscenity was used in reference to the employee. Many employees live in fear of loosing their job with how depressed the job market is in Detroit and take a path of least risk to their job which translates into the companies under performance. Compuware handles acquisitions in a disastrous way, for example the Gomez APM SaaS is falling apart and since the acquisition there was a mass exodus of dissatisfied employees and there are a mere handful of employees left at Gomez that were there when the company was acquired. If you don't work in Detroit there is no hope for promotion. Its a high pressure environment with low returns. The APM group is quickly loosing customers to other solutions, especially customers who have been customers for over 7 years.

Respect your employees, treat them with respect and dignity. Reevaluate your entire management team from the top down. To many senior leaders of the company have been at the company so long that they are completely out of touch.

There are newer employer reviews for Compuware