Compuware

www.compuware.com

Professional Services Division Identity Crisis

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsCompuware flourished under the founding and leadership of Peter Karmanos, Jr. Both the pros and cons are changing rapidly since his 2013 retirement, however. Pros are the people. Compuware has been able to attract and retain very talented people in a wide variety of disciplines.

ConsSenior management is very much an old boys' network and does not communicate with downstream professionals effectively. There are few if any opportunities for advancement, and they can't figure out whether they want to be a staff augmentation company or a technology solutions provider. Senior management is terrible at listening, and they value long-standing (old) relationships over substance, productivity, efficiency, and quality. They come up with ideas based on faulty assumptions and have middle managers that push all accountability downward. With few exceptons middle managers do not plan, execute or lead at Compuware and senior sanagement rarely holds the middle managers accountable. This has got to be one of the least diverse companies I've ever worked for. If it weren't for the flood of Southeast Asian guest workers, this company would would be nearly all white and male. Quite disappointing in city with Detroit's history and demography.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere are some important lessons to learn from colleagues at the street level. Make promotions and bonuses merit-based, and force annual (or more frequent) changes in middle management organization. Get a standard set of performance metrics and measure everyone the same way at the same intervals. Also, you should invest in formal training for your entire workforce and grow competencies from within rather than constantly trying to hire from the outside or off-shore.

Compuware

I have been working at Compuware

Pros: No one is monitoring you Cons: office political is part of your life... Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Compuware is a company with unrealized potential.

Director of Business Development (Current Employee) Detroit, MI

I have been working at Compuware full-time for more than a year

Pros: As an employee you will generally be able to operate independently… Cons: Compuware's unrealized potential is due to them clinging to old… Advice to Senior Management: Increase the size and responsibility of the marketing department. Increase the number… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Compuware.

Worked for Compuware? Contribute to the Community!