There are newer employer reviews for Comtech, LLC

New to the workforce and really enjoying this job

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at Comtech, LLC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As someone not only new to the company but new to the workforce I was more than pleased with the salary I was offered, and thrilled with the generous benefits package- something anyone entering the workforce can tell you is FAR from guaranteed anymore. The facilities are wonderful and the free and easy-access parking is a plus. What really has been a surprise and delight for me is that they truly value and believe in the talent of all of their employees, including newcomers. Despite being new, and despite being young, I was immediately considered valuable with ideas and expertise to contribute rather than being ignored or simply told what to do and given the less desirable tasks. I have received plenty of encouragement to contribute, share ideas, and pursue my interests and talents within the company. I see many opportunities for personal and professional growth in my future with this company.

Cons

As an small organization that is experiencing tremendous growth and constantly looking into new ideas and technologies there is significant internal change and occasionally seeming disorganization. However it has become an internal priority to ensure that all these problems and concerns are rectified.

Advice to Management

Continue working to establish processes and procedures, even while encouraging progress and new ideas, people do thrive when they have structure to start from.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

The height of unprofessionalism

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I worked at Comtech, LLC

Pros

Cake served on people's birthdays.

Cons

Horrible work/life balance, no management structure, extremely high rate of turnover, nepotism, no clearly defined job descriptions, awful pay.

Advice to Management

Investing in employee education/training along with paying market value salaries would increase employee retention.

All talk no Action

I worked at Comtech, LLC

Pros

Cake on birthdays, accessible location, decent end clients

Cons

There would be talk about Comtech being a family company that will grow you, but all the decisions are based on how much money they can get, not on the best interests of the employee or growing the employee. There are very little agreed upon processes and many internal managers argue with each other and point fingers. The President is unpredictable and just does whatever he feels like doing, which in my opinion is unprofessional and has led to much turnover. Some employees are treated well and given sendoff parties if they leave, others are just dumped on the side of the road. Many times, the President or an upper manager sends a lower level employee to do his dirty work of getting rid of an employee and says nothing to them. Many new projects that have been attempted have failed due to a lack of listening to or caring for employees. Also, this may be small, but they don't have RECYCLING! Who doesn't have recycling on their premises?

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, do what you say you'll do, don't dump big responsibilities on a few people just to save money.