Glassdoor is your free inside look at Con Edison reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Con Edison CEO Kevin Burke. All reviews posted anonymously by Con Edison employees.
I have been working at Con Edison
Pros – - New York - best city in the world!
- At least what you do results in a product people need (electricity)!
- Strong culture
Cons – - Hard to break in to the "insiders" club
- Poor internal IT services
- Facilities at HQ are more than a little antiquated
- Military style decision making - chain of command is sacrosanct
- Emphasis on operations results in strange payment traditions - first line supervisors make more than some senior managers in staff positions
Advice to Senior Management – - No Vice President of Sales or Marketing? Really?
- Pick a strategy, any strategy - but the current non-strategy (do nothing) isn't too inspiring
Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend
2008-12-26 16:06 PST
Your feedback has been sent to the team and we'll look into it.
Your response will be removed from the review – this cannot be undone.