Con Edison
www.conedison.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Good place to learn about the utility industry

Intern (Former Employee)

I worked at Con Edison

ProsCon Edison was a place where an intern has many opportunities to learn about the different aspects of an utility company. The managers are often relaxed and are eager to teach you and give you opportunities to experience things about ConEd that are perhaps not in your immediate job description.

ConsIt is a very large company so the management structure is very corporate. It is easy to feel disconnected with the overall goals of the company simply because there are so many people between any employee and the senior management.

learning about legal aspects of safety and reliability of the company

Office Assistant (Former Employee)

I worked at Con Edison

Pros: make a lot of great connections with other employees and… Cons: no room for advancement seems to be a lot of favoritism and bullying going on… Advice to Senior Management: Leadership is only working for certain favorite employees regardless too… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Good, stable job, but bureaucracy runs rampant.

I have been working at Con Edison

Pros: Good salary, decent benefits. There is room for growth,… Cons: Bureaucratic nightmare. Sometimes your efforts to effect positive change in the organization are… Advice to Senior Management: This Company would be much better served if upper management allowed employees… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Con Edison.

Worked for Con Edison? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Con Edison reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Con Edison CEO Kevin Burke. All reviews posted anonymously by Con Edison employees.