Con Edison of New York

Senior

Engineer (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at Con Edison of New York

ProsSecure, no over night traveling.

ConsNo easy way to get to work unless you are living in city. No equality between departments and section. One dept. can take a day off on every other week and other can't. In one section you can put over time hours even there is no requirement and other where employees are loaded with work are not allowed.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire out side firm to gauge work load of each dept. and section; there are lots of redundant position do nothing all day, other side, there are employees berried with work and no one help them.

its a steady paycheck

Mechanic A (Current Employee)
Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Con Edison of New York

Pros: pension medical benifets over time money Cons: your told what to do and expected to do it… Advice to Senior Management: smartn up or you will doom us all Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

I don't have much of a comparison since it's my first engineering job, but anyone who ever leaves, usually comes back.

Senior Designer (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at Con Edison of New York

Pros: People are fun. Stress is quite low. They believe in rewarding a job well done, so… Cons: Vacation time is on the low side, 10 years in… Advice to Senior Management: Some of the rules about lateness and absences should be work should be a case to case basis.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Con Edison of New York.

Worked for Con Edison of New York? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Con Edison of New York reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Con Edison of New York CEO Kevin Burke. All reviews posted anonymously by Con Edison of New York employees.