There are newer employer reviews for Con-way Freight

Great company to work for.

Current Employee - Regional Driver(Midsouth)
Current Employee - Regional Driver(Midsouth)

I have been working at Con-way Freight full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good people and very organized.

Cons

Not enough local gigs. Im from Tulsa and they have a freight here but I love truckload.

Other Employee Reviews for Con-way Freight

Great company but the pay is far below the rest of the industry

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at Con-way Freight full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Conway is a leader in the LTL industry and is a very stable company to work for if you work hard. They are fair but do not expect to move up as they will almost always hire from other trucking companies such as YRC. Training is solid but it unfortunately can only be used as a stepping stone to a higher paying company.

Cons

Bonuses are promised but they will rarely happen and the goals are not realistic. Your 401k match will come and go like the wind. When my pension was taken from me I was promised they would match my 401k plan. I think that might have only happened for about a quarter. When it is time to paint a service center take a guess who they will ask? Yes you! When the truck rodeo is in town plan on spending all day at this event and yes it is mandatory. Pay increases can go for 3-4 years and then they will tell you how lucky you were to get 3%. Their fleet of inspectors will change the class and weight of the freight so most of your day will be spent around customers who are always upset.

Advice to Management

Ed Conaway is the Vice President of Sales and will not back you, support you, return your calls/emails and will not help you in any way shape or form to reach your goals. This is a place to get a check and move on.

Demanding

Former Employee - Service Center Manager
    Former Employee - Service Center Manager

I worked at Con-way Freight full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

low cost medical, dental, vison, and life insurance

Cons

will work you to death

Advice to Management

need to improve the treatment of managers and should reward the freight operations supervisors more often.....the FOS'S are the ones that make things happen everyday.