Con-way Freight

www.con-way.com
  www.con-way.com
There are newer employer reviews for Con-way Freight

Good company as far as OTR is concerned

Current Employee - Driver
Current Employee - Driver

I have been working at Con-way Freight

Pros

They have lots of freight. There is not much sit time. They are very good about getting home for family issues.

Cons

I am not one to complain. Lemme think..... As far as an OTR company is concerned its great. This job is not for the "family guy".

All the people in management that I have encountered have gone out of their way to help me. Maybe they could get me a dedicated route...

242 Other Employee Reviews for Con-way Freight (View Most Recent)

Terrible Morale and miserable place to work

Former Employee - Dsr
    Former Employee - Dsr

I worked at Con-way Freight

Pros

Drives and dockworkers for the most part are all hardworking good people just trying to provide for their famly.

Cons

Low morale, bad equipment, incompetent upper managment, i could go on just a terrible place to work.

Treat the lifeblood of your company(DRIVERS) with some respect which would be more than they get now. stop blaming everybody else for your mismanagment and take the blame for YOUR shortcommings. stop comming up with stupid new rules and worry about righting that sinking ship.

Unless you really need a job...

Current Employee - 14 Yr Employee
    Current Employee - 14 Yr Employee

I have been working at Con-way Freight

Pros

The reasons to go to work for con-way 14 yrs ago are now the reasons to leave. I have just made up my mind to leave this week. I will take a comparable job. It doesn't have to be a better one. I'm tired of the lies and the smoke and mirrors, and the incompetent upper management

Cons

Lousy raises for 10 yrs, pension gone,pay cut and 401 company match lost for 2 yrs and all new hires are not eligible for 401 w/match,they must go in 401 savings plan without a company match. Now the doubling of our weekly health care deductions.Morale is in the toilet,thanks to senior management. I have seen 4 regime changes, and this bunch is absolutely the worst. Biggest bunch of phonies you'll find. Most local management is afraid of their own Poo-Poo. They will throw you under a bus in a heartbeat. I have yet to see a local manager stand behind one of his/her employees. You are just a piece of meat. Con-way is constantly changing the rules of the game, only to benefit Con-Way, and it's Always at the expense of the non-exempt employees. Unless you really, really need a job, run like hell the other way.

It will be awfully hard for upper management to re-gain the respect of the employees, especially the long term people.

There are newer employer reviews for Con-way Freight