ConAgra Foods

www.conagrafoods.com

From the bottom looking up...

Material Handler (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsDiversified workforce
Learning and use of new skills encouraged
5S and other Pillars making a difference (but...)
Most middle management are willing to listen to ideas and complaints

ConsAs a "drone", someone actually doing the physical part of the jobs that make up the bulk of the business (as opposed to the people in the offices) I often feel that the majority of the movement within the company is closed to those on the shop floor. Our physical comfort and safety is often secondary or even overlooked when changes are made.

Scheduling of work is often done without regard to future needs; we work overtime then are laid off, then come back and work overtime. Poor use of resources.

Our implementation of the ConAgra Production System has lead to improvements and savings (good for the bottom line) but are often at odds and the mandatory meetings and committees leave the work to suffer.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen and treat your employees like you want to be treated. Come out and work on the line for a while and see how the lack of air conditioning and poor line construction.

The tide is turning

Finance Manager (Current Employee) Omaha, NE

I have been working at ConAgra Foods

Pros: Dynamic company, fast paced, opportunites to grow. Great pay and benefits. Lots… Cons: Can be a grinder sometimes, at times are risk adverse. Challenging portfolio domestically… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Incredible place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Omaha, NE

I have been working at ConAgra Foods

Pros: Great opportunities within the organization Well-run company Great leadership Beautiful campus Cons: information sharing within the organization could be improved so efforts… Advice to Senior Management: Continue to place emphasis on employee recognition and work-life balance Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on ConAgra Foods.

Worked for ConAgra Foods? Contribute to the Community!