ConAgra Foods

www.conagrafoods.com
  www.conagrafoods.com
There are newer employer reviews for ConAgra Foods

From the bottom looking up...

Current Employee - Material Handler in Saint Louis, MO
Current Employee - Material Handler in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at ConAgra Foods

Pros

Diversified workforce
Learning and use of new skills encouraged
5S and other Pillars making a difference (but...)
Most middle management are willing to listen to ideas and complaints

Cons

As a "drone", someone actually doing the physical part of the jobs that make up the bulk of the business (as opposed to the people in the offices) I often feel that the majority of the movement within the company is closed to those on the shop floor. Our physical comfort and safety is often secondary or even overlooked when changes are made.

Scheduling of work is often done without regard to future needs; we work overtime then are laid off, then come back and work overtime. Poor use of resources.

Our implementation of the ConAgra Production System has lead to improvements and savings (good for the bottom line) but are often at odds and the mandatory meetings and committees leave the work to suffer.

Listen and treat your employees like you want to be treated. Come out and work on the line for a while and see how the lack of air conditioning and poor line construction.

285 Other Employee Reviews for ConAgra Foods (View Most Recent)

Poised for growth

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Omaha, NE

I have been working at ConAgra Foods

Pros

ConAgra takes talent management seriously. They are extremely focused on developing their people. If you want challenge and opportunity it is here for the taking. Pay and benefits are competitive.

Cons

ConAgra is still young in terms of a consolidated packaged food company. While that is exciting because we, as current employees, have a great opportunity to help shape the future of the company, at times that inexperience shows. We are looking to become cutting edge and I think we'll get there.

The tide is turning

Current Employee - Finance Manager in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Finance Manager in Omaha, NE

I have been working at ConAgra Foods

Pros

Dynamic company, fast paced, opportunites to grow. Great pay and benefits. Lots of great co-workets. Team work and collbarotion are valued. Focus on improving daily.

Cons

Can be a grinder sometimes, at times are risk adverse. Challenging portfolio domestically and little international business. Some really good brands and some not so good brands.

There are newer employer reviews for ConAgra Foods