There are newer employer reviews for ConAgra Foods

Large CPG Company with opportunities, but fairly conservative perspectives and political work atmosphere.

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Naperville, IL
Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Naperville, IL

I have been working at ConAgra Foods

Pros

Large company that can provide great insights into CPG/Manufacturing
Numerous opportunities available in different areas with high degree of job security
Good work/life balance

Cons

Stock price hasn't kept pace with CPG competitors and senior management always blames external factors such as inflation and consumer spending habits without acknowledging our competitors face the same variables. Never address flaws with internal weaknesses or their direction of the business.
Very conservative work environment where those that color inside the lines gain the most recognition which results in a group think mentality that lacks originality.

Many managers and above are not qualified for their positions so either create a better screening process or provide better training so that they are prepared to not only develop those that work for them, but also have the ability to do more than repeat corporate clap trap phrases such as aligned, collaborate, add value, or talk about the weather.

266 Other Employee Reviews for ConAgra Foods (View Most Recent)

From the bottom looking up...

Current Employee - Material Handler in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Material Handler in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at ConAgra Foods

Pros

Diversified workforce
    Learning and use of new skills encouraged
    5S and other Pillars making a difference (but...)
    Most middle management are willing to listen to ideas and complaints

Cons

As a "drone", someone actually doing the physical part of the jobs that make up the bulk of the business (as opposed to the people in the offices) I often feel that the majority of the movement within the company is closed to those on the shop floor. Our physical comfort and safety is often secondary or even overlooked when changes are made.

Scheduling of work is often done without regard to future needs; we work overtime then are laid off, then come back and work overtime. Poor use of resources.

Our implementation of the ConAgra Production System has lead to improvements and savings (good for the bottom line) but are often at odds and the mandatory meetings and committees leave the work to suffer.

Listen and treat your employees like you want to be treated. Come out and work on the line for a while and see how the lack of air conditioning and poor line construction.

Poised for growth

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Omaha, NE

I have been working at ConAgra Foods

Pros

ConAgra takes talent management seriously. They are extremely focused on developing their people. If you want challenge and opportunity it is here for the taking. Pay and benefits are competitive.

Cons

ConAgra is still young in terms of a consolidated packaged food company. While that is exciting because we, as current employees, have a great opportunity to help shape the future of the company, at times that inexperience shows. We are looking to become cutting edge and I think we'll get there.

There are newer employer reviews for ConAgra Foods