Politics at its best

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Pros

Summer Hrs Work and Life balace compensation

Cons

Politics..too much Incompetent Senior management Slow carrier progression unless you are a part of the inner group!

Advice to Management

Get peaople who know what they are doing..

Other Employee Reviews for ConAgra Foods

1. From the bottom looking up...

Current Employee - Material Handler in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Material Handler in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

Diversified workforce Learning and use of new skills encouraged 5S and other Pillars making a difference (but...) Most middle management are willing to listen to ideas and complaints

Cons

As a "drone", someone actually doing the physical part of the jobs that make up the bulk of the business (as opposed to the people in the offices) I often feel that the majority of the movement within the company is closed to those on the shop floor. Our physical comfort and safety is often secondary or even overlooked when changes are made. Scheduling of work is often done without regard to future needs; we work overtime then are laid off, then come back and work overtime. Poor use of resources. Our implementation of the ConAgra Production System has lead to improvements and savings (good for the bottom line) but are often at odds and the mandatory meetings and committees leave the work to suffer.

Advice to Management

Listen and treat your employees like you want to be treated. Come out and work on the line for a while and see how the lack of air conditioning and poor line construction.

2. Poised for growth

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Omaha, NE

Pros

ConAgra takes talent management seriously. They are extremely focused on developing their people. If you want challenge and opportunity it is here for the taking. Pay and benefits are competitive.

Cons

ConAgra is still young in terms of a consolidated packaged food company. While that is exciting because we, as current employees, have a great opportunity to help shape the future of the company, at times that inexperience shows. We are looking to become cutting edge and I think we'll get there.