ConAgra Foods

Politics at its best

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I have been working at ConAgra Foods

Pros

Summer Hrs
Work and Life balace compensation

Cons

Politics..too much
Incompetent Senior management
Slow carrier progression unless you are a part of the inner group!

Get peaople who know what they are doing..

285 Other Employee Reviews for ConAgra Foods (View Most Recent)

Poised for growth

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Omaha, NE

I have been working at ConAgra Foods

Pros

ConAgra takes talent management seriously. They are extremely focused on developing their people. If you want challenge and opportunity it is here for the taking. Pay and benefits are competitive.

Cons

ConAgra is still young in terms of a consolidated packaged food company. While that is exciting because we, as current employees, have a great opportunity to help shape the future of the company, at times that inexperience shows. We are looking to become cutting edge and I think we'll get there.

Large CPG Company with opportunities, but fairly conservative perspectives and political work atmosphere.

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Naperville, IL
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Naperville, IL

I have been working at ConAgra Foods

Pros

Large company that can provide great insights into CPG/Manufacturing
    Numerous opportunities available in different areas with high degree of job security
    Good work/life balance

Cons

Stock price hasn't kept pace with CPG competitors and senior management always blames external factors such as inflation and consumer spending habits without acknowledging our competitors face the same variables. Never address flaws with internal weaknesses or their direction of the business.
    Very conservative work environment where those that color inside the lines gain the most recognition which results in a group think mentality that lacks originality.

Many managers and above are not qualified for their positions so either create a better screening process or provide better training so that they are prepared to not only develop those that work for them, but also have the ability to do more than repeat corporate clap trap phrases such as aligned, collaborate, add value, or talk about the weather.

There are newer employer reviews for ConAgra Foods