Satisfactory advancement opportunities

Former Employee - Team Leader Quality  in  Hermiston, OR
Former Employee - Team Leader Quality in Hermiston, OR

I worked at ConAgra Foods full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some ability to affect change in the plant at a supervisory level
Good culture of quality in the plant
Reasonable efforts to train and build talent in-house
24/7 operation on shift work means a reliable schedule of 40-50hrs/week
Time off / Work scheduling is very flexible

Cons

Managers promoted too quickly up the ranks leads to some poor plant leadership
Too much red tape & delay on fixing problems / not enough communication on spending priorities

Have a 15 min meeting each week to listen to ideas from your sups and give a "yes, no, let me think about it" answer to their ideas.
Walk the floor on all shifts, especially when large issues arise
Only ask of your workers what you are willing to follow-through on - rolling out a new program might look good for you in the short run, but it won't pay dividends if people don't feel like their efforts are worth the sweat they give it.

Other Reviews for ConAgra Foods

Great Internship Program

Former Employee - Associate Logistics Professional  in  Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Associate Logistics Professional in Omaha, NE

I worked at ConAgra Foods as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Experience, Housing, Compensation, and the City of Omaha.

Cons

Honestly I don't have any cons.

Keep improving what you're already doing,

Did you say French fries?

Former Employee - Manifest, and Lab Tech, Labor,  in  Pasco West, WA
    Former Employee - Manifest, and Lab Tech, Labor, in Pasco West, WA

I worked at ConAgra Foods full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I worked for Con Agra for many yrs. As did my husband, who worked forabout 30yrs. For Con Agra. One of the best reasons for working for them is anyone that aspires to further their contribution of skills are encouraged to do so. Within or outside trainning anyone can advance. The team spirit within the company can not be matched to anything except sucess for all parties, employer and employees. Thank-you Con Agra Lamb Weston!

Cons

My husband was a supervisor for many yrs... What I saw was the forced rotations of shifts is extremely difficult for families with children. The children are alwYs the ones to suffer the homeless of missing their parent with only one four month period where their parents daily routines are matched to theirs.
    Also, its difficult to watch some work hard in a day and some seem to get paid for doing nothing, Thats for salery and union workers.
    Forced overtime for bid holders is a problem. and is dangerous when fituge sets in.

Stop rotation of supervisors. It has been my observation that employees work more efficiently when they have the same bosses everyday. I was in a plant that changed names several times and have seen many ways the company would be run. When we would have the asked bosses there was a shift can do spirit. We all took pride in our shifts production, safety awards and commeroidy. The spirit died when supervisory forced rotations of supervisors.

There are newer employer reviews for ConAgra Foods.

Worked for ConAgra Foods? Contribute to the Community!