There are newer employer reviews for ConAgra Foods

Good Place to begin a career

Former Employee - IT Intern  in  Omaha, NE
Former Employee - IT Intern in Omaha, NE

I worked at ConAgra Foods as an intern for more than a year

Pros

- Friendly place to work
- Good first job to learn about production systems
- Technology was easy to learn about

Cons

- ConAgra utilized a cross-department rotation program for the interns. This could be unhelpful towards career development if placed on a group that didn't require or couldn't utilize interns.

Allow interns (and full-time employees) to chose from a available list where to rotate to.

255 Other Employee Reviews for ConAgra Foods (View Most Recent)

Great possiblies

Current Employee - SAP Tech  in  Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - SAP Tech in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at ConAgra Foods full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great chances for advancement though my plant and the company as a whole. Great employees to work with and everybody uses a team attitude.

Cons

Management show question leadership as far as ownership of things and holding people accountable of their jobs. Management needs to step up and do the job they are paid for rather than pass the buck.

From the Plant Manager needs to HOLD his productions Managers accountable to make any changes.

Not too bad

Former Employee - Intern
    Former Employee - Intern

I worked at ConAgra Foods as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Most interns work in Omaha at the corporate headquarters, but about a dozen or so work at the manufacturing facilities around the nation. I was one of the non-Omaha interns in the summer of 2009. The intern program as a whole is second to none, and dwarfs the Management Trainee program I went into after college for another company. I was flown into Omaha three or four times that summer to participate in intern events, the college world series (which was a blast) and give a presentation to the higher ups.

On a day to day basis I learned how to operate the manufacturing facility, which was a mountain of knowledge necessary to succeed in my field. I was given a couple projects to work on through out the summer as well.

Pay was very competitive. I was able to pay for 2 semesters of school after working that summer.

Can't speak to benefits since I wasn't eligible.

Although my boss could be sort of a dick head, and was always extremely stressed out it was a great experience.

Cons

None that I can speak to. Only worked at ConAgra for 3 months.

None

There are newer employer reviews for ConAgra Foods

Worked for ConAgra Foods? Contribute to the Community!