There are newer employer reviews for ConAgra Foods

Sales Intern

Current Intern - Sales Intern in Naperville, IL
Current Intern - Sales Intern in Naperville, IL

I have been working at ConAgra Foods as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

It was great to work with an extremely knowledgeable team and to learn a ton about sales and retail effectiveness. The internship was a great experience with many perks and my boss was wonderful.

Cons

I didn't love working in the suburbs when the city was so close by. Also, it's a little tough to make new friends because everyone is in their cubicles all day (although ConAgra does make a huge effort for fun work events)

reviews filtered by
  1. A good company to work for.

Former Employee - Clerical in Lakeville, MN
    Former Employee - Clerical in Lakeville, MN

I worked at ConAgra Foods full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

They pay pretty well for the manufacturing industry. They post jobs internally so employees have the option to advance their career if they are qualified for the position posted.

Cons

HR has what they call "the protected class" and that group is everyone that is not Caucasian. That is unfair and all employees should be treated equally.

Advice to Management

Don't favor some employees and not others, treat everyone the same. Don't use employees ideas as your own and take the credit for them.

College Sophomore excited for first internship, unstructured program and lack of stimulation leads to quick resignation.

Former Intern - IT Intern in Omaha, NE
    Former Intern - IT Intern in Omaha, NE

I worked at ConAgra Foods as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Big company that taught me how to work with others, attractive salary.

Cons

Entered into a technical role but was not given any responsibilities and was a burden on other employees. Employees treated me as if they were babysitting me and I consider this to be my worst internship experience.

Advice to Management

The internship program was flawed when I worked there in 2010/2011. I had a boss in my building and then a mentor who was really too busy to reach out to me and check on how things were going. By the time he found out about the situation I was too embarrassed to do anything and tossed in the towel. I resigned without ever going to clean out my desk. Additionally, there was a problem with my paycheck from day one and I was being overpaid. This issue was never addressed until I quit and ConAgra came chasing after me for the money. I usually recommend that Computer Science students avoid ConAgra for internships due to my experience.

There are newer employer reviews for ConAgra Foods