Intern

Former Employee - Intern  in  Omaha, NE
Former Employee - Intern in Omaha, NE

I worked at ConAgra Foods as an intern for less than a year

Pros

As an intern at ConAgra Foods, I gained leadership skills, honed my presentation skills, and was able to enjoy my summer in a new city. I was given $4,500 to move to Chicago and my salary eas $1,200 bi-weekly.

Cons

I was the first intern for my department and at times everything felt a little disorganized. By the end of the internship everything came together though.

Other Reviews for ConAgra Foods

A good company to work for.

Former Employee - Clerical  in  Lakeville, MN
    Former Employee - Clerical in Lakeville, MN

I worked at ConAgra Foods full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

They pay pretty well for the manufacturing industry. They post jobs internally so employees have the option to advance their career if they are qualified for the position posted.

Cons

HR has what they call "the protected class" and that group is everyone that is not Caucasian. That is unfair and all employees should be treated equally.

Don't favor some employees and not others, treat everyone the same. Don't use employees ideas as your own and take the credit for them.

Wonderful employees, great legacy breads, HORRIBLE management with no concept of marketing.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Milton, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milton, PA

I worked at ConAgra Foods full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great place to start a career, learn about cutting edge technology (although poorly executed)

Cons

The worst healthcare coverage that was expensive, extremely HOT manufacturing environment (employee comfort of no concern to management/too cheap to install exhaust fans). No concern for employee safety (see Garner, NC). Can't move up without managers approval, and with constant turnover, managers are more concerned about keeping status quo. Work 12-16 hour days 6-7 days per week with no additional compensation. Below average pay.

Hire directors and VP's that understand operations and marketing, then put them to work!

There are newer employer reviews for ConAgra Foods.

Worked for ConAgra Foods? Contribute to the Community!