College Sophomore excited for first internship, unstructured program and lack of stimulation leads to quick resignation.

Former Employee - IT Intern  in  Omaha, NE
Former Employee - IT Intern in Omaha, NE

I worked at ConAgra Foods as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Big company that taught me how to work with others, attractive salary.

Cons

Entered into a technical role but was not given any responsibilities and was a burden on other employees. Employees treated me as if they were babysitting me and I consider this to be my worst internship experience.

The internship program was flawed when I worked there in 2010/2011. I had a boss in my building and then a mentor who was really too busy to reach out to me and check on how things were going. By the time he found out about the situation I was too embarrassed to do anything and tossed in the towel. I resigned without ever going to clean out my desk. Additionally, there was a problem with my paycheck from day one and I was being overpaid. This issue was never addressed until I quit and ConAgra came chasing after me for the money. I usually recommend that Computer Science students avoid ConAgra for internships due to my experience.

Other Reviews for ConAgra Foods

Wonderful employees, great legacy breads, HORRIBLE management with no concept of marketing.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Milton, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milton, PA

I worked at ConAgra Foods full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great place to start a career, learn about cutting edge technology (although poorly executed)

Cons

The worst healthcare coverage that was expensive, extremely HOT manufacturing environment (employee comfort of no concern to management/too cheap to install exhaust fans). No concern for employee safety (see Garner, NC). Can't move up without managers approval, and with constant turnover, managers are more concerned about keeping status quo. Work 12-16 hour days 6-7 days per week with no additional compensation. Below average pay.

Hire directors and VP's that understand operations and marketing, then put them to work!

Amazing Opportunity. Tremendously Grateful

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Council Bluffs, IA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Council Bluffs, IA

I have been working at ConAgra Foods full-time for less than a year

Pros

Loads of opportunities for talented and driven individuals.

Cons

I wish I would have started this journey sooner.

Re-organize some of the hourly pay structures, shifting toward pay-for-performance.

There are newer employer reviews for ConAgra Foods.

Worked for ConAgra Foods? Contribute to the Community!