ConAgra Foods
www.conagrafoods.com Omaha, NE 5000+ Employees

Great opportunities for Interns, Fast paced and often under pressure. Biased due to termination after 15+ years.

Systems and Network Administrator (Former Employee)
Omaha, NE

I worked at ConAgra Foods full-time for more than 10 years

ProsConAgra still has a pension program, few companies do. If you can stick around the retirement benefits can be significant.
ConAgra also matches 50% of the the first 6% you contribute to your 401k
ConAgra encourages learning new.
Instituting "Agile" change methodologies.
Most of the staff is really great to work with, they are willing to help with what they can, and go the extra mile.

ConsOften unreasonable deadlines are assigned to projects without knowledge of the amount of work and supporting resources required.
ConAgra is trying to address this with the "Agile" methodology, but some of these projects have "dragged on" until it was determined the project was not producing enough, so it was terminated, or started over. This could just be a "learning curve" issue.
Though ConAgra promotes "standard measurements" for performance reviews, there is still a great deal of influence of "who likes or dislikes you" determining "final grades".
At least in IT the managers change every 6-18 months, some may consider this positive, but it there is always a "learning curve" with each manager, and the priorities change making it difficult to work on long term goals.

Advice to Senior ManagementA little more longevity with managers on a team would be a positive.
When a manager writes their end of year review, the employee should be allowed to see it and present evidence if the employee believes items in the review are inaccurate. The manager could change or not change the review, but at least they would be informed.

Overall it is just an average company with old brands and mediocre leadership

I have been working at ConAgra Foods full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Located in nice city with great schools. Cons: Too many old school leaders who have not been held… Advice to Senior Management: Time to replace most senior leaders. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

I learned a lot there, both positive and negative.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at ConAgra Foods

Pros: The pros are above average salaries for the industry and… Cons: The cons were few opportunities for advancement, limited tuition funding, harsh… Advice to Senior Management: Be more proactive, attentive, and supportive of your employees. Give feedback regarding… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on ConAgra Foods.

Worked for ConAgra Foods? Contribute to the Community!

ConAgra Foods – Why Work for Us?

At ConAgra Foods, we believe in the power of great food. Food you turn to every day, food you count on as part of your life. We make food that does more than satisfy your hunger — it actually gives you less to worry… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ConAgra Foods reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for ConAgra Foods CEO Gary M. Rodkin. All reviews posted anonymously by ConAgra Foods employees.