ConAgra Foods

www.conagrafoods.com
  www.conagrafoods.com
There are newer employer reviews for ConAgra Foods

good place to work, still has legacy issues with pre-rodkin execs

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Omaha, NE
Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Omaha, NE

I have been working at ConAgra Foods

Pros

nice people, reasonable work/life balance, well known and loved brands to work with, company really cares about employees and wants them to succeed, good benefits package, lots os support like you might expect at a fortune 200 company

Cons

lots of average talent (not great), failing in current economic environment when other CPGs are doing great, complete lack of planning process, same work about process for planning and budgeting is done over and over and over again annually

replace executive sales leadership

296 Other Employee Reviews for ConAgra Foods (View Most Recent)

ConAgra: A Lumbering Giant

Current Employee - Assistant Marketing Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Assistant Marketing Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at ConAgra Foods

Pros

Breadth of experience. There are not a lot of established systems in place, so in brand marketing you really do get to learn a lot about different parts of the business. Good general management experience, though you sometimes get bogged down in details you shoudn't have to be involved in.

Cons

Lack of established systems. It's hard to get good information, and people are not always held accountable as they should be. It feels like we play "hot potato" a lot on projects. Who's doing what?

Many brands are old and tired, and the company needs to invest more in building brands and developing new innovations. It's hard to get excited working here.

We need to build our brands and our innovation pipeline. Most of our brands are frankly a bit tired and we need to stay more relevant to consumers today. To senior management's credit, they get it. We just need to be faster. And though we've made some progress towards "one company" we have a long way to go getting our wiring right.

A company with a lot of potential, but continued disappointing performance.

Former Employee - Brand Manager in Naperville, IL
    Former Employee - Brand Manager in Naperville, IL

I worked at ConAgra Foods

Pros

The work/life balance is excellent at ConAgra. Compensation and benefits are competitive within the industry. And, it's a big company, with recognized brands, that will garner some respect from smaller prospective employees.

Cons

The work/life balance is excellent unfortunately because many people are not fully engaged in their jobs. There is continuous significant restructuring and reorganization. Company direction on attaining topline growth and/or bottom line growth changes multiple times throughout the year. The marketing acumen is very poor at ConAgra. As a marketing/brand person, you can get some pretty solid general management experience, but within a consumer company, you ultimately can't continue to cost cut your way to brand health and growth. ConAgra is running into that challenge now as they have been forced to take price increases (driven by commodity increases, but also driven by low margins due to weak brands) but have struggled because their brands often compete primarily on price.

Beef up the marketing acumen, it is very weak right now. Trim the fat, there are a lot of ConAgra veterans that will continue to carry the historic baggage, which I believe pulls down the culture. Get to some consistency, there is constant change and turmoil within those walls. And listen to your people, morale is extremely poor, which reflects poorly on management.

There are newer employer reviews for ConAgra Foods