There are newer employer reviews for Concentra

Heart and Soul at Work

I have been working at Concentra full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Stable company part of the Fortune 500. A great outlook for the future.

Cons

It went from being an Employee being a part of the Concentra family to just being a worker bee.

The prime source of Concentra's success starts in the centers. It's hard to see that those that run our centers are not asked for input when it comes to making decision in their particular center, yet; they are the ones that are in the heart and soul of our business and may surprise Sr. management with how much we see from the bottom going up.

My greatest disappointment has been that we were told that a Center should be treated as your own business. I have successfully done so. I have freely given all I have to this company, my heart and soul. I don't count the hours I work, I just count the successes. I counted on retiring at this great company but a person can only be pushed so far.

reviews filtered by

IT Department has low morale and has high turnover

Current Employee - Nerd in Addison, TX
    Current Employee - Nerd in Addison, TX

I have been working at Concentra full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They are owned by Humana, which is a company with deep pockets, so, the company will not go out of business soon. HQ is on beltline, so there are many lunch options.

Cons

IT department morale is crazy low. Leadership positions from the CIO down to IT managers have left in the last year. Many employees are hired and then leave within a year because it just sucks here. Humana is officially taking over all IT hardware positions and moving them to Louisville, KY.

For the BI department specifically, the business end-users berate and belittle the technology resources.

In general, getting two departments within IT to work together on a common goal or project is a feat of politically maneuvering, not a standard operating procedure.

Many IT departments, whose manager's have left, are having those positions filled by long-time Concentra folks who are either bully's, losers or otherwise obviously part of the reason morale is so bad in the first place!

IT Executive leadership does not take a holistic approach to the technology stack, they let business folks decide what packages and technologies they hear are pretty cool or the latest "hot new thing!"

A lot of Humana folks have come over to leadership positions here and they clearly think know more than anyone at Concentra. Sadly, they probably do! They probably know the details of how and when the Concentra IT department will be gutted and replaced by Humana!

Cube sizes are insultingly small for the IT floor.

The corporate culture is bad. I've been here a year and have not had a conversation with people who sit 15 feet from me! When you're walking in the halls and you make eye contact with someone, smile and nod a small hello, they will literally look away! OMG!

Just hurry up and send the IT department to Humana!

Everyone knows it's coming, how about setting up agreements with folks to stay on for a little bit longer, for a little bit more money, then let them go on a specific date?

Constant Change

I have been working at Concentra

Pros

Center Leadership Team works together to support clients and the colleagues. A great Center Leadership Team can make your time at Concentra great.

Cons

Management doesn't care about opinions and views of employees. Unrealistic expectations regarding daily activities.

There are newer employer reviews for Concentra