Concordia University Chicago
www.cuchicago.edu River Forest, IL

Their financial and political issues often get in the way of a Servant Leadership attitude.

(Staff) (Current Employee)
River Forest, IL

ProsCUC has a heart for serving students. Many of the staff are caring individuals, and try to model the mission statement and model servant leadership by example. CUC really excels at Early Childhood Education.

ConsCUC doesn't have a very coherent vision plan for addressing the many financial, operational and academic issues that face the institution. This is evident from the top down throughout the entire institution. Power struggles and bad politics abound, most notably between the graduate and undergraduate administration. Administration seems either unable or unwilling to make the tough decisions and implement the necessary changes to keep CUC a viable institution. Some areas need some serious trimming of the fat, while others struggle to maintain a minimum support presence due to under-staffing.

Advice to Senior ManagementCUC needs a top-down evaluation of all academic programs, administrative practices, and staff distribution.

Nice people to work with and great students to work for.

I have been working at Concordia University Chicago full-time

Pros: Very family friendly place to work for. Life to work ratio is highly in favor… Cons: Little to no room for promotions and average-below average pay. Advice to Senior Management: Pay attention to employees that have been working here for some time and "know the… More

Low pay, terrible morale.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    River Forest, IL

I worked at Concordia University Chicago full-time for more than a year

Pros: The best part of this job was the coworkers I had. Everyone was outstanding, did their job well,… Cons: Management, aside from the extreme low pay, is terrible. Management is disrespectful to their employees, manipulative in their behavior, and ignorant of their employees… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Concordia University Chicago.

Worked for Concordia University Chicago? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Concordia University Chicago reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Concordia University Chicago employees.