There are newer employer reviews for Concordia University

Good experience as master research student, largely depends on your choice of supervisor

Current Employee - Graduate Student - RA  in  Montreal, QC (Canada)
Current Employee - Graduate Student - RA in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I have been working at Concordia University full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I had regular meetings with my supervisor and a lot of input that made sure my project was always progressing.

Cons

Not easy to get financial aid, scholarship, or awards if your an international student. I had a very strong academic record and history at Concordia, but found it very difficult to secure scholarships or awards.

Appreciate the students who have been with the university for a long time, who took the university's name to new places. Payroll needs to be more respectful. Some staff in the departments need to be more competent, and take more time addressing issues.

77 Other Employee Reviews for Concordia University (View Most Recent)

Great benefits, too much hierarchy

Former Employee - Middle Management (Not Academic)  in  Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Middle Management (Not Academic) in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I worked at Concordia University full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The work is fairly straightforward, and if you're someone who likes routine, good salary and never working overtime, this is the place for you.

Cons

There are a lot of smart and creative people at Concordia, but there is way too much hierarchy to be able to achieve things easily. Every decision has to be visited, revised, approved, then approved again, even for the most simple of actions.

Trust your staff until they show you they can't be trusted to take decisions and act upon them. I only left because I was supremely bored and frustrated, and even great employment conditions were not enough to keep me there. Actually left to take a more interesting job with a 20% salary cut, and it was the best decision I could have made.

Pursuing to PHD degree

Current Employee - Research Assistant  in  Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Research Assistant in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I have been working at Concordia University full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Foloow up the degree and very good environemnt

Cons

only academec experience, not too many industry projects

increase salary range

There are newer employer reviews for Concordia University

Worked for Concordia University? Contribute to the Community!