Concur

www.concur.com
  www.concur.com
There are newer employer reviews for Concur

Fantastic company - phenomenal place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

I have been working at Concur full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Concur offers the most challenging, rewarding and exciting work environment! We are surrounded by brilliant minds and creative ideas! Concur is the global leader – dominating in outstanding solutions for customers. Our Executive team is approachable, captivating and grateful. Managers are always going out of their way to help develop and reward employees. Our teams are some of the most hard-working and enjoyable people on earth who also happen to work very well cross-functionally. The environment is relaxed, everyone’s voice is heard and even after years at the company I still get just as excited to come into work each day. Overall, I think it’s the absolute greatest place to work and could not feel more fortunate for being a part of this team!

Cons

It’s extremely fast paced and change happens so if you can’t deal with ambiguity this is not the place for you. We continue to grow so space in the MN office is limited.

Keep doing what you're doing! It's awesome learning from the best! Thank you for providing such wonderful opportunities!

218 Other Employee Reviews for Concur (View Most Recent)

Nepotism runs rampant at Concur!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I worked at Concur

Pros

Concur is very friendly, overall has good benefits (although their maternity leave sucks), and if you're in the right position (sales) you can do very well both professionally and financially. They are a growing company, so they can offer you job security and financial stability.

Cons

"Revenue generating" (a.k.a. sales) employees are really the only staff who are fully appreciated, recognized, and rewarded. "Non-revenue generating" employees (a.k.a. marketing, accounting, etc.) receive low salaries, miniscule pay raises (even when they are promoted), and are not allowed to attend the annual internal conference because they are not important enough. Sales continues to increase in head count, while all the departments who support sales remain the same and are therefore overworked and under appreciated. Nepotism plays a huge role in getting hired at Concur - you have to know someone to get your foot in the door. Your position has nothing to do with how much you know or have accomplished, and everything to do with who you know (or who you're sucking up to).

Recognize the departments who work to support your sales staff as important and increase the head count - you'll continue to lose good people if you over work them. Hire and promote people based on knowledge and experience, not because they are a friend of a friend or someone's relative. It's frustrating to work for someone who knows and does half what you do for twice the pay all because they knew the right person to get them in that position. I know several instances within the company where this exists and it kills the employee morale.

Management has lost touch with the business.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Concur

Pros

Concur provides employees with a lot of latitude to run with tasks and take the lead on projects. It's a terrific place to work if are able to run with projects and tasks with minimal management involvement.

Cons

Management is often disengaged from the daily operations. There seems to be a lot of work to be done, but staffing to support the growth has been slow. The Human Resources team seems to be overly involved in every aspect of the business. Positive and negative performance is often taken in extremes and HR seems to promote such extreme views.

There are newer employer reviews for Concur