Concur

There are newer employer reviews for Concur

Concur is like a home

Current Employee - Project Manager in Vienna, VA
Current Employee - Project Manager in Vienna, VA

I have been working at Concur full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Staffed by intelligent and empathetic senior managers genuinely interested in engaging with you
You're kept moving fast and held to the highest standards
Concur features an open culture that doesn't take itself too seriously
SMART Objectives - Career development framework

Cons

Nothing jumps out at me.

HQ made a good call when they named the government office's senior managers. The right mix of qualified men and women lead this entrepreneurial office, which was set up to service the 15-year ETS2 contract.

The assignments are tough and never ending, but we are paid the respect of being able to largely take our own approach to solving problems. The standards are high and we feel great when we live up to them.

My wife went into labor on my first day and I was given paternity leave, no questions asked or PTO deducted. That said a lot to me about this company's culture. I have since committed to doing everything I can to help make sure this contract is a success. When these 15 years are up I would like to move the family out to Washington to join the Bellevue office.

225 Other Employee Reviews for Concur (View Most Recent)

Great place to work.

Former Employee - Research and Diagnostics Specialist in Allen, TX
    Former Employee - Research and Diagnostics Specialist in Allen, TX

I worked at Concur full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The people at GDSX are smart, friendly, and enjoy their work. The management is hands on with planning without micro-managing, which is great for a small company.

Cons

Some roles require being on call during the weekends. Sometimes things can get highly stressful due to service level agreements with big vendors, but it's usually very temporary.

A shooting star on the way to burn out

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at Concur full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The founders appear to be nice people. Lots of people have been there from the beginning. Easy to sell if you know how to open high level doors.

Cons

The nepotism runs rampant among the long timers. The long timers do not have fresh outlook because they haven't been out there in forever. The ability to assimilate fresh blook and thoughts is nonexistent and will be the demise of the company

Rewrite our systems. Replace or retire some of your longest employees. They are poison to your company and are threatened by anything new even if it increases revenues and decreases sales cycle times and expenses. HUGE EGOS HAVE TO GO.

There are newer employer reviews for Concur