Concur

www.concur.com
There are newer employer reviews for Concur

Energetic, engaging and friendly workplace

Current Employee - Software Design Engineer In Test III in Bellevue, WA
Current Employee - Software Design Engineer In Test III in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Concur full-time (more than an year)

Pros

When I first joined the company it was described by leadership as "a 20 year old company that is behaving like a start up." This is a fantastic description. The company is always focused on forward progress, meaning the work never gets stale. Every employee is encouraged and expected to grow as an individual and everyone's opinion counts. This creates an open and honest culture that fosters innovation and encourages the opportunity to challenge the "old" and invent the "new."

Within the office the environment is engaging and VERY friendly. I was surprised at how genuinely friendly people were. I had not experienced this in my previous jobs and it made the transition very smooth. You don't have to be afraid to ask questions when you don't have the answers and because of the talented workforce you never have to go very far to find the solutions.

The company also is not afraid to recognize where it needs to improve and face those challenges head-on. That type of corporate culture works to inspire teams at every level work to improve their own performance.

The vacation package and maternity/paternity leave packages are excellent. Work day flexibility makes a work-life balance possible.

I would recommend a career at Concur to anyone and everyone that is interested. I couldn't be happier with my decision to join the company.

Cons

There appears to be a struggle to maintain the headcount level in some areas. While business grows the number of available heads hasn't always kept up. That mixed with natural attrition means that some teams are understaffed.
That said, if you are considering a career at Concur, this means that we need your talents! Positive growth always means opportunities.

223 Other Employee Reviews for Concur (View Most Recent)

Increasingly negative culture. Product issues. Micromanaging.

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Concur full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Market leaders in the industry
    Charismatic founders

Cons

Too many cons to enter here. See below.

The culture has shifted drastically and has become very negative
    Leadership is giving contradictory priorities
    Leadership claims to be transparent but acts in a manipulative manor
    Reactive management is increasingly micromanaging
    Work life balance is theory and rhetoric

Client implementations rarely go smoothly and it is a known issue with no resolution
    There are many challenges with stability of the core products with an undefined cause
    Clients are complaining

They are trying to hire top talent and then manage them like they are fresh out of college
    The onborading process is a mess for new hires
    Quotas are build so that all year reps and managers are under plan, then leadership provides urgent triage uplift late in the year. Even great reps rarely feel successful and there are always fire drills.
    So few reps are hitting their current number yet they continue to raise quota and shrink territory

--- advice for management ---

Fix the product issues. Stop expecting so much growth when you are struggling to get to your number and no one feels successful. The competition is getting better and you need a model to sell into the SMB space that is simple for customers to procure and implement. There are too many internal meetings; stop touching everything all the time, it only provides confusion. Stop taking about the culture of transparency while keeping everyone in the dark until the last minute. Don't talk about work life balance when people can't use all of their vacation days.

Concur - great opportunity!

I have been working at Concur full-time

Pros

Great culture. Tremendous opportunity for growth and having an impact on the company's success. Great coworkers.

Cons

Rapid growth sometimes leads to misalignment but the leaders are already taking steps to address it.

There are newer employer reviews for Concur