Love it here!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Concur full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love working for TripIt. Managers are very supportive here and there's a strong emphasis on career development, which I love. I feel like there's no glass ceiling and plenty of room for me to grow within the company. I'm empowered to make decisions and act autonomously, which is something I have found to be very rare at other companies. The cross-collaboration between various teams (marketing, product, design, engineering, BD) is extremely refreshing, and the emphasis on team before self is crucial in our ability to execute on ideas and vision.

The executive team works hard to makes themselves accessible and really likes to attend team functions and outings to get to know the staff outside of the office. I am often surprised about how candid the leadership is about the company roadmap and future, something that is often hidden from employees.

The company culture is probably my favorite part about working here. The team is fun, hardworking, driven, and I already consider many of my colleagues friends. The values of innovation, accessibility, career development, and transparency come through in day-to-day life here.

It also doesn't hurt that we moved into a killer new office in SOMA shared with Airbnb and Pinterest.

Cons

Some growing pains as the transition from startup to a more corporate company, post-Concur acquisition, but that's to be expected in any acquisition, acqui-hiring, etc. type of situation. That being said, in my opinion, the company functions in between a startup and a corporation.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Regional Sales Executive - Small Business

Current Employee - Regional Sales Executive in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Executive in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Concur full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Culture is first class. Amazing co-workers, amazing company sponsored events. They truly make the office a fun place to be at! Ping pong, pool table, Foosball table, free lunches all the time, happy hours etc. They also shower you with resources to help you succeed. Couldn't be happier!

Cons

No complaints here... after working at other companies prior to Concur, this is BY FAR the best company to work for in the Northwest in my opinion.

Advice to Management

Continue to care...

Increasingly negative culture. Product issues. Micromanaging.

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Concur full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Market leaders in the industry
    Charismatic founders

Cons

Too many cons to enter here. See below.

Advice to Management

The culture has shifted drastically and has become very negative
    Leadership is giving contradictory priorities
    Leadership claims to be transparent but acts in a manipulative manor
    Reactive management is increasingly micromanaging
    Work life balance is theory and rhetoric

Client implementations rarely go smoothly and it is a known issue with no resolution
    There are many challenges with stability of the core products with an undefined cause
    Clients are complaining

They are trying to hire top talent and then manage them like they are fresh out of college
    The onborading process is a mess for new hires
    Quotas are build so that all year reps and managers are under plan, then leadership provides urgent triage uplift late in the year. Even great reps rarely feel successful and there are always fire drills.
    So few reps are hitting their current number yet they continue to raise quota and shrink territory

--- advice for management ---

Fix the product issues. Stop expecting so much growth when you are struggling to get to your number and no one feels successful. The competition is getting better and you need a model to sell into the SMB space that is simple for customers to procure and implement. There are too many internal meetings; stop touching everything all the time, it only provides confusion. Stop taking about the culture of transparency while keeping everyone in the dark until the last minute. Don't talk about work life balance when people can't use all of their vacation days.