Concur

There are newer employer reviews for Concur

Love it here!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Concur full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I love working for TripIt. Managers are very supportive here and there's a strong emphasis on career development, which I love. I feel like there's no glass ceiling and plenty of room for me to grow within the company. I'm empowered to make decisions and act autonomously, which is something I have found to be very rare at other companies. The cross-collaboration between various teams (marketing, product, design, engineering, BD) is extremely refreshing, and the emphasis on team before self is crucial in our ability to execute on ideas and vision.

The executive team works hard to makes themselves accessible and really likes to attend team functions and outings to get to know the staff outside of the office. I am often surprised about how candid the leadership is about the company roadmap and future, something that is often hidden from employees.

The company culture is probably my favorite part about working here. The team is fun, hardworking, driven, and I already consider many of my colleagues friends. The values of innovation, accessibility, career development, and transparency come through in day-to-day life here.

It also doesn't hurt that we moved into a killer new office in SOMA shared with Airbnb and Pinterest.

Cons

Some growing pains as the transition from startup to a more corporate company, post-Concur acquisition, but that's to be expected in any acquisition, acqui-hiring, etc. type of situation. That being said, in my opinion, the company functions in between a startup and a corporation.

222 Other Employee Reviews for Concur (View Most Recent)

Increasingly negative culture. Product issues. Micromanaging.

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Concur full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Market leaders in the industry
    Charismatic founders

Cons

Too many cons to enter here. See below.

The culture has shifted drastically and has become very negative
    Leadership is giving contradictory priorities
    Leadership claims to be transparent but acts in a manipulative manor
    Reactive management is increasingly micromanaging
    Work life balance is theory and rhetoric

Client implementations rarely go smoothly and it is a known issue with no resolution
    There are many challenges with stability of the core products with an undefined cause
    Clients are complaining

They are trying to hire top talent and then manage them like they are fresh out of college
    The onborading process is a mess for new hires
    Quotas are build so that all year reps and managers are under plan, then leadership provides urgent triage uplift late in the year. Even great reps rarely feel successful and there are always fire drills.
    So few reps are hitting their current number yet they continue to raise quota and shrink territory

--- advice for management ---

Fix the product issues. Stop expecting so much growth when you are struggling to get to your number and no one feels successful. The competition is getting better and you need a model to sell into the SMB space that is simple for customers to procure and implement. There are too many internal meetings; stop touching everything all the time, it only provides confusion. Stop taking about the culture of transparency while keeping everyone in the dark until the last minute. Don't talk about work life balance when people can't use all of their vacation days.

Fast growing company with too many levels of management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Concur full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Company has grown from 1000 employees to over 4000 in 5 years. Stock price has risen almost 200% in the same time frame. Senior leadership makes it a point to be seen and share information/strategy.

Cons

Supervisors, Managers, Senior Managers, Directors, Assistant VPs, VPs, Senior VPs, etc. Flat is definitely not a word used to describe the organization of Concur.
    High tolerance for sub-performers
    Acquisitions have led to groups not feeling part of the "whole"

Flatten out the organization. Companies larger than Concur have done it with success. Too many layers leads to miscommunication as objectives/goals are filtered down the organization.

There are newer employer reviews for Concur